Bike and Backpacking Expedition to Tawang
This bike expedition is the holy grail for the bikers in India, the route being so raw and rugged even visitors from around the world come and have a go at it. It takes a certain level of madness and a thing for adventure to rev a bike and go through this route through the “land of dawn-lit mountains”.
We start our 7 nights 8 days Bike expedition to Tawang from Guwahati. Guwahati is known as 'the city of Eastern Light' and it stands on the southern banks of mighty river Brahmaputra. It is the capital of Assam and gateway to the entire north-eastern states. It is surrounded by hills and the Brahmaputra river, rich and diverse flora and fauna enhance its natural scenic beauty.
Dirang is a village in Arunachal Pradesh which lies in the West Kameng district. It is situated on the banks of Jia Bharali river at an altitude of 4900 fts. While in Dirang, you can take a walk through the peaceful village and take in the beautiful and serene environment.
Sangestar Tso or the PTSO Lake is one of the highest altitude lakes in India and the world at a height of 15,200fts. It is located on the way from Tawang to Bumla Pass.The Bum La Pass is located about 37 km away from Tawang, at the Indo-China border above 16,500 ft above sea level. The roads are mostly covered with snow. The road to Bum La is also a historical route; here in Bum La Pass one of the fiercest battles took place in the 1962 Sino-Indian War.
Up next is Tawang, which lies at an elevation of 10,000fts. Tawang has unmatched natural beauty which will leave you awestruck and some of the iconic places to visit in Tawang are Tawang Monastery, which is the largest monastery in India.
Thembang Heritage Village is one of the unique villages which has been identified by UNESCO as a world heritage site village. Here you are going to have an experience of proper traditional Monpa Houses built of stones.
In the evening, enjoy cultural dance and rituals by a local group. Traditional wine and bonfire will also be there to add some spark to the evening.
The ideal time to visit Arunachal Pradesh would be during summers i.e. April to June where the valley comes alive with wildflowers and greenery and weather is pleasant. If you want to experience Arunachal Pradesh during winters, October to February is the best time to experience snow covered landscapes and mountains.
1st Day: Guwahati - Kaziranga National Park
2nd Day: Kaziranga National Park to Bomdila
3rd Day: Bomdila - Tawang (140 kms - 6 hrs)
4th Day: Tawang - Bumla Pass - Tawang (100 kms - 5Hrs)
5th Day: Tawang Local Excusion
6th Day: Tawang - Dirang (140 kms - 6hrs)
7th Day: Dirang - Guwahati
8th Day: Departure from Guwahati
Guwahati to Guwahati:
|Triple Occupancy||21000 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||23000 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||21000 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||23000 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||31500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||33500 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||34500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||36500 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||35500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||37500 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||37500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||39500 / Person|
Itinerary (Guwahati to Guwahati)
1st Day : Guwahati - Kaziranga National Park
- On your arrival at Guwahati, proceed to the accommodation site where our representative will receive you and give a brief description of the route which you will be riding for the next few days.
- Departure for Kaziranga.
- Dinner and Stay at Kaziranga.
2nd Day : Kaziranga National Park to Bomdila
- Post Breakfast we will go for Jeep Safari.
- Later, we will ride towards Bomdilla. En route, we will stop for lunch at Bhalukpong.
- Late evening arrival at Bomdilla.
- Hotel check-in followed by Dinner and overnight stay there.
3rd Day : Bomdila - Tawang (140 kms - 6 hrs)
- After breakfast, start for Tawang. While you are en route, the mesmerising landscapes will leave you spellbound. Make a pause at Sela Pass, which is located at an altitude of 13,700ft above sea level. And pay homage to the Jaswantgarh War Memorial and enjoy the valley view.
- On reaching Tawang, check in to the venue and get yourself refreshed.
- We will arrange an evening tea/coffee time for you at Café Suburb where a renowned local Lama will tell you about the history and significance of the place, and will also guide you for your next day travel track.
- Get back to the hotel and Dinner & overnight.
4th Day : Tawang - Bumla Pass - Tawang (100 kms - 5Hrs)
- After breakfast, leave for Bum La pass on cabs. And your bikes will get serviced at Tawang on this day.
- The Bum La Pass is located about 37 km away from Tawang, at the Indo-China border above 16,500 ft above sea level. The roads are mostly covered with snow. The road to Bum La is also a historical route; here in Bum La Pass one of the fiercest battles took place in the 1962 Sino-Indian War.
- On the way, also enjoy the beauty of the Heart Lake, the P. T. Tso and the Sangetsur Tso. Here “Tso” means “lake” in their local language. Way back to Tawang from Bum La Pass and reach hotel. Evening you are free for shopping and personal activities.
5th Day : Tawang Local Excusion
- Tawang Valley is dotted with monasteries and stupas. One can spend a whole day visiting monasteries in Tawang. Post breakfast, visit the Tawang Monastery, known in Tibetan as the Galden Namgey Lhatse, it is the largest monastery in India and second largest in the world. Then visit the Urgelling Monastery which is the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama (born Tsangyang Gyatso).
- Then leave for a short adventure ride to Chakzam Village (25 kms from Tawang) where you will find a hanging bridge hand-made of iron wires dating back to 560 years. Also, watch the sound and light show at the War Memorial of Tawang in the evening. After a hard-core exploration of the day, relax in the evening in your hotel rooms
6th Day : Tawang - Dirang (140 kms - 6hrs)
- After breakfast set out for Dirang and en-route visit the Nuranang Falls at Jang which is a 100 meters high waterfall and Apple Garden, Kiwi Garden, Kameng River at Dirang and stay overnight at our campsite.
- And not much far below, you will see the roaring Kameng River. The experience cannot just be explained in words. Come and feel it.
7th Day : Dirang - Guwahati
- This day, after breakfast, we will take you to Thembang Heritage Village which has been identified by UNESCO as a world heritage site village. Here you are going to have an experience of proper traditional Monpa houses built of stones.
- Dirang to Guwahati.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at Guwahati
8th Day : Departure from Guwahati
- After Breakfast, depart with amazing everlasting memories of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
ROYAL ENFIELD BIKES 350CC & HIMALAYAN
TRIP CAPTAIN THROUGHOUT THE TRIP
MEAL PLAN: MAPI BASIS (BREAKFAST + DINNER)
7 NIGHTS HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
BONFIRE (IF GOVT. ALLOWED)
INNER LINE PERMITS
PARKING CHARGES (ONLY FOR TEMPO)
RIDING JACKETS & BOOTS
SIGHTSEEINGS OTHER THAN SPECIFIED
ENTRY TICKETS TO ANY TOURIST PLACE
COST OF ANY SPARE PART WHICH WILL BE USED DUE TO THE ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE INCURRED WHEN THE MOTORBIKE IS IN RIDER’s POSSESSION.
ADDITIONAL COSTS DUE TO FLIGHT CANCELLATION, LANDSLIDES, ROADBLOCKES, AND OTHER NATURAL CALAMITIES.
CAMERA & VIDEO PERMITS.
SECURITY DEPOSITE PER MOTORBIKE OF Rs. 10,000/-
THE COST INCURRED TO TRANSFER OR TOW THE MOTORBIKE IN CASE IT IS DROPPED ON THE WAY
ANY EXPENSE OF PERSONAL NATURE LIKE: TELEPHONE, LAUNDRY, MINERAL WATER, SOFT/HARD DRINKS, etc.
TIPS & PORTAGES
ANY OTHER EXPENSES NOT MENTIONED ABOVE.
No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp msg. Please reply to the email of the payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation up to 60 days before the departure date
59 Days to 45 days of Departure date. 10% of the total Trip cost. (Booking amount is non-refundable)
44 Days to 30 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost
29 Days to 15 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost.
15 Days to 8 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost.
7 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost.
No Show. No refund.
In case of government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides or any other unforeseen circumstances, we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even certain activities are cancelled, the organization provides the best alternative but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed up to the same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
There would be no refund provided in case there occur some problems due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. The company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket /Main Jacket
Thermals (Upper & Lower)
Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
First Aid Kit
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Mobile Charger / Travel Charger
A Complete Guide to Arunachal Pradesh
A venerable nature’s paradise lies in the north-easternmost corner of the Indian subcontinent. Teeming with virgin forests, gorgeous peaks and home to 26 indigenous tribes, Arunachal Pradesh is unexplored and inviting. A patch of green on ...
Talle Valley – The hidden beauty of Arunachal Pradesh
Talle Valley accounts for one of the many unexplored or less explored trails in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh. Bearing a maximum altitude of 9,000ft, this adventurous journey has a lot more to offer than you can just imagine. ...
10 Reasons to visit Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh, one of the northeastern states of India is always spoken about with words of awe and amaze. Images of lush green forests, quaint nature-oriented people, and momos strike us when we think of this state. Here are 10 reasons ...