Spiti winter Expedition 4X4
1st Day: Delhi to Shimla | Overnight Journey
2nd Day: Shimla to Chitkul/Sangla (225 Kilometers, 9 Hours Drive)
3rd Day: Chitkul/Sangla to Kalpa (50 Kilometers, 3 Hours Drive)
4th Day: Kalpa to Nako (100 Kilometers, 5 Hours Drive)
5th Day: Nako to Kaza (110 Kilometers, 5 Hours Drive)
6th Day: Spiti Sightseeing Day (Komic, Hikkim, Langza)
7th Day: Kaza to Kalpa (200 Kilometers, 7 Hours Drive)
8th Day: Kalpa to Shimla (222 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive)
9th Day: Delhi Arrival | Tour Ends
Delhi to Delhi:
|Triple Occupancy||32500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||34500 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||34500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||36500 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||39500 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||42500 / Person|
Note: Price may vary for the booking during Christmas and New Year.
(*) denotes the special price for the booking of batches between 20th Dec 2021 to 5th Jan 2022
Itinerary (Delhi to Delhi)
1st Day : Delhi to Shimla | Overnight Journey
- The group assembles at the pick-up point by 09:00 PM.
- We'll meet the team captains and a small tour briefing would also be provided.
- After which, we’ll head out on an overnight journey to Shimla.
*The pick up point would be RK Ashram or Majnu Ka Tila (tentative).
2nd Day : Shimla to Chitkul/Sangla (225 Kilometers, 9 Hours Drive)
- Early morning, we’ll arrive in Shimla.
- We’ll be changing our transportation from bus to Tempo Traveller at this point and will head out for Chitkul/Sangla.
- We’ll reach Chitkul/Sangla by evening.
- Finally, we’ll end the day with some group bonding exercises followed by dinner.
- Overnight stay in Chitkul/Sangla,
3rd Day : Chitkul/Sangla to Kalpa (50 Kilometers, 3 Hours Drive)
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- Post breakfast, we’ll leave for Kalpa.
- Midway, we’ll make a stoppage at Reckong Peo town. Additionally, if the weather is clear then you might catch a glimpse of Kinner Kailash Peak.
- On reaching Kalpa, we’ll head out for Kalpa Monastery and Suicide Point.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Kalpa.
4th Day : Kalpa to Nako (100 Kilometers, 5 Hours Drive)
- Post breakfast, we’ll continue our journey towards Nako, which is our next pit stop.
- Midway, we’ll be making a stoppage at Khab (Confluence of Sutlej and Spiti river).
- On arriving at Nako, we’ll head out for Nako lake and the Nako Monastery.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Nako.
5th Day : Nako to Kaza (110 Kilometers, 5 Hours Drive)
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- After which, we’ll start our journey towards the headquarters of Spiti, Kaza.
- Midway, we’ll make a stoppage at 1021-year-old Tabo Monastery followed by *Gue Monastery.
- We’ll reach Kaza before evening.
- Post-check-in, you’re free to explore the town and the rest of the day is at leisure.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Kaza.
6th Day : Spiti Sightseeing Day (Komic, Hikkim, Langza)
- Post breakfast, we’ll head out for Key Monastery followed by Chicham Bridge (Asia’s Highest Bridge).
- Later in the day, we will visit Hikkim (the highest post office in the world).
- After that, we’ll move towards Komic village (one of the highest villages in the world at 4600 meters connected by a motorable road ).
- We’ll be visiting Langza next (the most beautiful village in Spiti valley and has the famous Buddha statue and also known as the Fossil village due to the presence of fossils abundance).
- Finally, we’ll head back to Kaza.
- After reaching our hotel/homestay, dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Kaza.
*Note: Hikkim, Komic and Langza are subject to weather counditions.
7th Day : Kaza to Kalpa (200 Kilometers, 7 Hours Drive)
- Breakfast will be served.
- After that, we will head back to Kalpa.
- We’ll reach Kalpa in the evening and the day might feel a little longer.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Kalpa.
8th Day : Kalpa to Shimla (222 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive)
- Post breakfast, we will start out for Shimla.
- On reaching Shimla, we will board an overnight bus towards Delhi.
9th Day : Delhi Arrival | Tour Ends
- We’ll reach Delhi early in the morning.
- End of Winter Spiti Road Trip
Transportation in 4WD Vehicle from Shimla to Shimla.
Bus tickets from Delhi to Shimla and return.
Accommodations on sharing basis as per itinerary in Hotel/Homestay.
Meal Plan: MAP (Breakfast+ Dinner, Starting from Day 02 Dinner till Day 08 Breakfast)
Trip Lead will be present at all times during the tour.
All permits Required
First Aid Kits
Early check-in at the hotel.
Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation.
Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 45 days before the departure date
44 Days to 30 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
29 Days to 20 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
19 Days to 10 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
10 Days to 6 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost will be charged as cancellation fee.
6 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Bike Trip Spiti Valley- A Cold Desert
When I told my girlfriend that I was going on a bike trip to a place known neither to her nor to me at that time, she thought I had gone mad. That was the time when I had not heard of a term called off-roading, neither I had driven any bike ...
7 Reasons Why You Should Visit Spiti Valley
The Himalayas have magic that attracts you every time you visit them. There are a few of us for whom mountains are like a second home. Secluded away from the hubbub of urban life, situated is a Himalayan paradise called Spiti, a hidden isol ...
Experience Spiti Road Trip Just Like The Movie Highway
“A world within a world” was how Rudyard Kipling once described Spiti Valley, an isolated cold desert situated in the scenic state of Himachal Pradesh. Being one of the remotest regions of India, this Himalayan paradise is completely di ...
Commonly Asked Questions About Spiti Valley Trip
A serene and picturesque valley, Spiti lies close to the Indo Tibetan border. Spiti Valley is originally part of the combined districts of Spiti and Lahaul, situated in the northern border of Himachal Pradesh. If you get a chance to vis ...
7 Reasons to Visit Spiti Valley
If one is looking for some adventure in life, then Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh will give you enough reasons for your escape from civilization to the pure bliss of nature in the solitude of mountains. Spiti Valley is a snow desert with ...
Why do Snow Leopards Love Winter Spiti?
Snow Leopards? Winter Spiti? What is the connection between both? Just like you, these big cats come down to Spiti Valley during the winter season. Let us tell you about what happens when winter sets in this Trans-Himalayan val ...