Post-weekend blues hit even hard when you’ve spent the day cooped up in your home. Although not everyone has the luxury to go on a weekend trip whenever they please, we can agree that it has become the need of the hour, especially for people living in metropolitan cities. We decided to compile a list of weekend getaways from Delhi to save every Delhite the trouble of going through yet another boring weekend.
A weekend getaway is just the perfect escape from the monotonous life that you need and indeed feels like clicking the refresh button.
We can see your eyes shimmering with the hope of a visual retreat this coming weekend and so without further ado, let’s move forward with our list of Weekend Getaways From Delhi that are easily accessible. These are the best places to visit from Delhi within 100 – 500 KMS and must be ticked off your bucket list ASAP!
10 Best Weekend Getaways From Delhi That You Can’t-Miss:
1. Jibhi, Tirthan Valley
A trip to Jibhi, Tirthan Valley is a perfect weekend getaway from Delhi. This tiny village is nestled in the Tirthan Valley of Himachal Pradesh at an elevation of 1600 meters.
This serene valley is suitable for hiking, fishing, wildlife viewing, and learning about uncharted hill settlements.
This tiny hamlet is enveloped by beautiful green forests and overlooked by variegated mountains. Jibhi is a beginner-friendly adventurous destination with just the right splash of peacefulness that it has to offer.
Delhi to Jibhi Tirthan Valley over the weekend is one of the best refreshing trips and detox from all the hustling that you must be doing. With the options of short-trail trekking as well as longer thrill-filled treks, it is a perfect weekend getaways from Delhi.
In addition, you will get to taste the local life and interact with the lovely people of Jibhi.
Things To Do In Jibhi, Tirthan Valley:
- Go for a trek to Jalori Pass
- Witness the sparkling Jibhi Waterfall
- Trek to the serene Serolsar Lake
- Experience Trout fishing
- Taste lip-smacking food at cafes like Old School, Books n Flowers and more.
How To Reach Jibhi, Tirthan Valley:
- How to reach Jibhi by Flight
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport
Airport to Jibhi: 52 km, 2 hrs
Delhi to Bhuntar Airport: Abode a direct flight from Indra Gandhi Airport. The flights are non-stop and usually take around 1 hr 15 mins.
- How to reach Jibhi by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Joginder Nagar
Railway station to Jibhi: 124 km, 4.5 hrs
Delhi to Joginder Nagar: You may take a train to Chandigarh and then take a bus to Joginder Nagar. Alternatively, a flight to Kangra Airport from Delhi, then a cab to Joginder Nagar. In addition, you can choose to take a direct bus to the destination.
- How to reach Jibhi by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Aut Bus Stop
Bus stand to Jibhi: 34 km, 1 hrs 30 mins
Delhi to Aut Bus Stop: There are direct buses/Volvos available to Aut Bus Stop, the boarding points in Delhi are Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate.
Places to explore around Jibhi, Tirthan:
- Kullu Valley: Visit this valley of gods, which is renowned for its beautiful scenic views. Being home to some of the majestic lakes, beautiful waterfalls, and all the adventure.
- Gushaini Village: This breathtaking calm and peaceful village is at the entrance to the great Himalayan national park.
- Sainj Valley: It is indeed a hidden treasure, and being away from all the limelight. This valley is like a breath of fresh air.
- Shangarh Village: This little-known village in Sainj Valley is like a sweet little secret that you would like to keep to yourself. With Devta ground, lakes, the breathtaking sunset, this just gets more beautiful as time goes.
- Chehni Village: To reach this scenic village, you will have to go for a short treat which will just be the start of your memorable visit. It’s indeed beauty personified.
Recommended Read: List of all the Long Weekend Getaways
2. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
It is one of the most loved destinations in India, with a complete package of adventure, authentic culture, local cuisine, peacefulness, etc.
Snuggled in the majestic Himalayas, it provides beautiful scenery of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges, which are encased in snow for the majority of the year.
Manali is surrounded by numerous trekking options, making it an ideal base for uncovering this side of the Himalayas. Hampta Pass Trek, Bhrigu Lake Trek, Kheerganga Trek , and Beas Kund Trek are some of the treks near Manali.
In the neighboring town of Kullu, the River Beas offers excellent rafting opportunities which you can explore.
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani surely has a great share in making Manali, a popular destination to go to. While you might not be able to fully explore the place over the weekend, it will surely give you a taste that you would love to come back to it.
It is indeed a visual retreat. Just like Naina, you will come home from your weekend getaways from Delhi with a suitcase full of memories that you will cherish.
Things To Do In Manali:
- Seek the thrill by Paragliding
- Cycling in the Mountains
- Trek to Hampta Pass
- Pay a visit to Hidimba Devi Temple
- Experience the beautiful Jogini Waterfall
How To Reach Manali:
- How To Reach Manali by Flight
Nearest Airport: Kullu Manali Airport
Airport To Manali: 50 km, 1 hr 14 min
Delhi To Kullu Manali Airport: Domestic flights from Indra Gandhi Airport of approximately 1 hr 15 mins.
- How To Reach Manali by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Joginder Nagar Railway Station
Railway Station To Manali: 146.5 km, 4 hr 25 min
Delhi To Joginder Nagar: You can go to Chandigarh by train before transferring to a bus to get to Joginder Nagar. Alternately, take a flight from Delhi to Kangra Airport and then a taxi to Joginder Nagar. You also have the option of traveling there by bus directly.
- How To Reach Manali by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Manali Bus Depot
Bus Stand To Manali: 200 m, 1 min
Delhi To Manali Bus Depot: Direct buses and Volvos are accessible from Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate in Delhi to Manali Bus Depot.
Places to explore around Manali:
- Patalsu Peak: At a steering elevation of 4200 m, it is a moderately-easy summit. It encompasses some of the most breathtaking stretch of grasslands.
- Rohtang Pass: It serves as a beautiful gateway to Lahaul and Spiti Valleys. You can Like your Bollywood-dream in this pass.
- Solang Valley: This valley is nestled between Beas Kund and Solang Village. It is like no less than a paradise on earth.
- Deo Tibba: It is the second highest peak of the Pir Panjal range in the Kullu valley. And an amazing adventure for your weekend getaways from Delhi.
- Parvati Valley: Also widely known as the Amsterdam of India. It is famous for its scenic landscapes and leisure.
Must Watch: A virtual tour of Himachal Pradesh
3. Chitkul, Himachal Pradesh
It is the last village of India, at a steering elevation of 3,450 m. Located in Kinnaur Valley, Chitkul provides an experience unlike any other.
The cleanest air in the country, with gentle breezes blowing through your hair. The villagers here greet everyone with a beaming smile, making everyone feel at home, even when they’re away from it.
Spending a few moments here with the cool chilly breeze through your hair will make you feel like the main character in a Bollywood film.
If you are interested in learning more about a place’s culture, the locals here are always more than willing to answer your questions – with a big dazzling smile.
A weekend getaways from Delhi to Chitkul is the most chill and adventurous getaway that will improve not only your physical health but has a significant effect on your mental health as well.
Things To Do In Chitkul:
- Go to the Nagasti ITBP post
- Setting up camp on the Baspa River’s banks
- Pay homage to the Mathi Temple, which is 500 years old
- Dine at the well-known Hindustan ka Aakhri Dhaba
- Hike to Charang Chitkul Pass
How To Reach Chitkul:
- How To Reach Chitkul by Flight
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar
Airport to Chikul: 264 kms, 10 hrs
Delhi to Bhuntar: Direct flights are available from Indra Gandhi Airport. The nonstop flights typically last one hour and thirty minutes.
- How To Reach Chitkul by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Kalka (KLK)
Railway station to Chitkul: 330 km, 11 hrs
Delhi to Kalka (KLK): You can abode a direct train from Delhi Railway Station to Kalka, the distance is approximately 267 km and 5hr 50 min.
- How To Reach Chitkul by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Rampur
Bus stand to Chitkul: 116 kms, 4 hrs
Delhi to Rampur: Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate in Delhi both offer direct bus and Volvo service to Rampur Bus Stand.
Places to explore around Chitkul:
- Kalpa: It is a small town in Sultej Valley. Kalpa is famous for its apple orchards. The historical presence, in its temples and monasteries is authentic and beautiful.
- Reckong Peo Market: Go for a shopping spree at this local and affordable market. Interacting with locals, and shopping is done best at this market.
- Karcham Dam: This stunning Dam is on the banks of Sutlej River. It is one of the best sightseeing options in Kinnaur district.
- Roghi Suicide Point: It is located on the interconnection of Kalpa with Roghi. This is a famous and dangerous cliff, where numerous people have lost their life while seeking thrill.
- Sangla Valley: On the banks of River Baspa, this valley is the most beautiful and magnificent in Himachal Pradhesh.
4. McLeodganj, Himachal Pradesh
It is a breathtaking hill station near Dharamshala. McLeodganj is at an elevation of 2,082 m and has gained massive popularity in recent years.
It is a one-stop location for people who seek adventure, spirituality, foodies, or simply the serial-chillers. With everything it has to offer, it is indeed nothing less than grabbing a lottery.
Interestingly, it is often referred to as Little Lhasa because of the presence of Tibetans in mass numbers. In addition, it is home to the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama.
The culture and spiritual values are one of the driving forces for people to visit this place.
The weekend getaways from Delhi to McLeodganj is an experience that will make you forget how much you hated the Monday(s). It is one of the refreshing trips, with a perfect amount of thrill and spirituality that will be a cherry on the beautiful cake.
Things To Do In McLeodganj:
- Enjoy Dal Lake’s soothing Blue Waters
- Discover Triund’s Bounty Mountains
- Visit Tibetan Museum to appreciate the art and culture
- Adventurous Bhagsu Trek
- Explore the Namgyal and Nechung Monasteries
How To Reach McLeodganj:
- How To Reach McLeodganj by Flight
Nearest Airport: Gaggal Airport, Dharamshala
Airport To McLeodganj: 17.8 km, 44 min
Delhi To Gaggal Airport: The Indra Gandhi Airport offers direct flights. Usually, the nonstop flights take one hour and thirty minutes.
- How To Reach McLeodganj by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Pathankot Railway Station
Railway Station To McLeodganj: 88 km, 2.5 hrs
Delhi To Pathankot Railway Station: You can take a direct train, which travels roughly 539 km and takes 9 hours and 10 minutes, from Delhi Railway Station.
- How To Reach McLeodganj by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: McLeodganj Bus Stand
Bus Stand To McLeodganj: 800 m, 3 min
Delhi To McLeodganj Bus Stand: There are 11 direct buses from New Delhi to Mcleodganj which can be boarded from Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate. The minimum time taken by a bus from New Delhi is 10h 40m.
Places to explore around McLeodganj:
- Chamba: The town, with its temples and palaces, preserves much of its rich medieval past. There is much to see and do in and around Chamba for visitors.
- Parashar Lake: Nestled in Kullu Valley, it is a freshwater lake that is pristine blue. Trek to Parashar Lake is a must to seek the peace of nature without exhausting yourself completely.
- Bir Billing: Visit the paragliding capital of India for some of the best adventures and have the time of your life. Bir Billing has some stunning views, with beautiful attractions.
- Shimla: The capital and the largest city in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular tourist destinations. With all the beauty that it has captured, and its unique charm.
- Palampur: It is a renowned town with uncountable tea gardens and breathtaking deodar forests overlooking the town. The scenic beauty of the town steals the show.
It is a beautiful city on the Yamuna River’s banks and is a popular tourist destination in India. Being home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites, named, the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri.
It is indeed an interesting trip filled with exploring these attractions and observing Mughal Era architecture as well.
Be it the picture of holding one of the Seven Wonders Of The World, The Taj Mahal, or numerous stories about Shah Jahan’s underlying love for his wife Arjumand Bano Begum.
Agra indeed doesn’t leave one unimpressed with all that it has to offer. Additionally, It is also part of the Golden Triangle circle, along with Delhi and Jaipur, so folks who travel to the north typically take a trip to all three cities at the same time.
The distance between Delhi and Agra is merely 242.9 km, and so on is the best weekend getaways from Delhi within 300 Km. With all the adventures and cultural learning opportunities it has to offer, you can be sure that the next day will be greater than the previous.
Indulging in sightseeing to the tourist spots will serve as an example of the rich culture and heritage.
Things To Do In Agra:
- Explore the Jahangir Mahal’s elegance
- View the Allure of the Taj Mahal
- Discover the enchanting Anguri Bagh garden
- Admire the Yamuna River’s sunset
- At the Kalakriti Dance Drama Show, experience the Mughal era
How To Reach Agra:
- How To Reach Agra by Flight
Nearest Airport: Kheria Airport
Airport To Agra: 13 km, 10-15 Mins
Delhi To Kheria Airport: The only airline that flies from New Delhi to this seasonal commercial airport is Air India. Less than an hour is needed for the flight from Delhi to Agra.
- How To Reach Agra by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Agra Cantt Station
Railway Station To Agra: 3.3 km, 10 mins
Delhi To Agra Cantt Station: You can take a direct train, which travels roughly 188 km and takes approximately 1hr 40m, from Delhi Railway Station.
- How To Reach Agra by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Idgah Bus Stand
Bus Stand To Agra: 8 km, 9 mins
Delhi To Idgah Bus Stand: There are direct buses/Volvos available to Idgah Bus Stand, the boarding points in Delhi are Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate.
Places to explore around Agra:
- Deeg: It is a small but unique town in Bharatpur district. With the beautiful aesthetically pleasing view, and historical relevance it is indeed a must-visit.
- Orchha: This beautiful historical town on the banks of river betwa is breathtaking. Being founded by Rudra Pratap in the 16th century, it holds rich history.
- Lansdowne: Founded under the British Raj, it is a beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand. It is a perfect getaway when you want to relax, and spend quality time.
- Khajuraho: It has the largest group of Hindu and Jain temples from medieval age in our county. Being one of the most popular destination in India.
- Jaipur: The place that needs no introduction, the infamous pink city which is the capital of Rajasthan. Be it for the royal experience, culture, food, or sightseeing, Jaipur is the answer.
Recommended Read: Spend a day traveling to the best places in Delhi at just 100RS!
6. Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh hill-hamlet of Kasol stands over 1,580 meters high and boasts raw stunning scenery with vibrant coniferous forests, frost Highlands, and curving waterways.
One of the major reasons for Kasol to be a popular destination is because it is the perfect location for everyone and their needs. Whether you come for trekking, camping, rafting, sightseeing, parties, or spiritual awakening.
It is well-known for its trekking trails, including treks to Kheerganga, Yanker Pass, Sar Pass, and Pin Parbati Pass. In addition, not only people of India but people outside of India often come to witness the scenic beauty that Kasol has to offer.
This tiny village in the Parvati Valley is more than just backpacking desired location or a tourist attraction set among green hills.
It is a hot spot for people who want to get away from regular workplace lifestyles and head to the Himalayan region for an unforgettable experience. So on, it is one of perfect destinations in our list of Weekend Getaway From Delhi.
Things To Do In Kasol:
- Take a stroll to the village of Chalal
- Camp along the Parvati River
- Pay a visit to the sacred Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara
- Indulge into Cafe Hopping like Evergreen, Moondance, Jim Morisson, etc
- Relish the adventure of trekking to Kheerganga
How To Reach Kasol:
- How To Reach Kasol by Flight
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport
Airport to Kasol: 31 km, 1hr
Delhi to Bhuntar: Abode a direct flight from Indra Gandhi Airport. The flights are non-stop and usually take around 1 hr, 30 mins.
- How To Reach Kasol by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Joginder Nagar
Railway station to Kasol: 127 km, 4hrs
Delhi to Joginder Nagar: Take the train to Chandigarh and then the bus to Joginder Nagar. Alternatively, fly to Kangra Airport from Delhi and then take a taxi to Joginder Nagar. Furthermore, you can take a direct bus to your destination.
- How To Reach Kasol by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Kasol Private Bus Stand
Bus stand to Kasol: 350 m, 5 mins
Delhi to Kasol Private Bus Stand: Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate in Delhi both offer direct bus and Volvo services to Kasol Private Bus Stand.
Places to explore around Kasol:
- Pulga Village: Popularly known for it beautiful views, waterfalls, and Apple orchards. This village with wooden homestays is just the paradise one needs to go to.
- Grahan Village: At an altitude of 7700 ft, this gorgeous village with merely 50 houses is an experience like no other. The less population makes it a perfect opportunity to interact and have a close meaningful relationship with the locals.
- Buddha Palace: This quaint place is worth visiting. The delicious food, and the ambiance will leave imprints on your heart. Eat your heart out on your weekend getaways from Delhi here.
- Malana Village: A chill village at an elevation of 8,700 ft is a sight to hold. Popularly known for it’s Malana cream which is made out of cannabis Indica.
- Waichin Valley: Just above Malana Village, is this beautiful valley which is breathtaking. Also renowned as Magic valley, and the name surely does the justice.
Suggestive Read: Must-Do Adventure Activities In Himachal Pradesh
7. Auli, Uttarakhand
It is located approximately 2,800 meters above sea level and is surrounded by hectares of oak and conifer forests. It offers breathtaking views of several of India’s highest peaks, including Nanda Devi, the country’s second-highest peak.
Auli also provides access to the Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks. In addition to the Hemkund Sahib Gurdwara and other well-known trekking destinations.
Auli means meadows, which is an accurate depiction based on the land’s features.
Weekend getaways from Delhi to Auli will be like unraveling little joys of happiness, and it will indeed feel like a rebirth.
The tourist spots in Auli can be covered majorly in the weekend, and the trip will make you relax, not only your muscles but your mind as well.
Things To Do In Auli:
- Hop into the gondola that is the cable car
- Going for ropeway
- Trekking to Rudraprayag
- Visit Nanda Devi National Park
- Hike to Kwani Bugyal
How To Reach Auli:
- How To Reach Auli by Flight
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport
Airport To Auli: 286 km, 8 hr 5 min
Delhi To Jolly Grant Airport: It is well connected, with daily and non-stop flights from Indra Gandhi Airport. The approximate duration is 45 mins.
- How To Reach Auli by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun Railway Station
Railway Station To Auli: 151 km, 6.5 hrs
Delhi To Dehradun Railway Station: You can take a direct train, which travels roughly 247.0 km and takes approximately 5 hr 50m, from Delhi Railway Station.
- How To Reach Auli by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Joshimath bus stand
Bus Stand To Auli: 10 km, 29 min
Delhi To Joshimath bus stand: There is no direct bus. You will have to take a bus to Rishikesh, and after which either take a taxi straight to Auli or a shared taxi to Joshimath.
Places to explore around Auli:
- Trishul peak: It is a group of three Himalayan peaks, and together they make nothing less than a winter wonderland.
- Joshimath: This beautiful city in the Chamoli district is the paradise getaway to numerous Himalayan mountain trekking experiences.
- Rudraprayag: One of the five confluences (Panch Prayag) of the Alaknanda river. It is a beautifully place to go-to.
- Auli Artificial Lake: This clean beautiful lake is the highest man made lake in the world. It additionally helps in extending the ski season.
- Chattrakund Lake: Situated at an elevation of 3300 m, is this petite lake which is crystal clear. Interestingly, it is believed that the water is sweet.
This is a stunning city in Rajasthan’s southernmost region. Formerly renowned as the capital of the Mewar Kingdom, Udaipur was established in 1559 by Maharana Udai Singh II.
It is located near beautiful lakes and overlooked by the stunning Aravallis. Udaipur is indeed a visual retreat.
This City Of Lakes is surrounded by many natural lakes which are interconnected. This is what makes Udaipur more special and a popular destination in Rajasthan.
A boat tour on the glistening Lake Pichola is among the most spectacular scenery and highlights of any trip to Udaipur. Furthermore known as the Venice of the East, is unquestionably one of India’s most romantic cities.
A trip to Udaipur as the weekend getaways from Delhi will be like a royal getaway. This is an experience, like no other. Exploring this breathtaking city and having a taste of all that it has to offer. This will undoubtedly be your best decision and the perfect retreat.
Things To Do In Udaipur:
- Tour the magnificent City Palace
- Encounter the breathtaking sunset at Lake Pichola
- Drop around to see the Vintage Car Museum
- Attend the Light show at Fatehpur Sagar Lake
- Explore the local markets like Bada Bazaar and Hathi Pole
How To Reach Udaipur:
- How To Reach Udaipur by Flight
Nearest Airport: Maharana Pratap Airport
Airport to Udaipur: 20kms, 30 mins
Delhi to Maharana Pratap Airport: There are direct daily flights available. It takes around 1 hour 17 minutes to fly from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) to Maharana Pratap Airport (UDR).
- How To Reach Udaipur by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Udaipur City (UDZ)
Railway station to Udaipur: 3.8kms, 20 mins
Delhi to Udaipur City (UDZ): There are direct trains available from all the stations of Delhi Railways. The approximate distance covered is 674 km.
- How To Reach Udaipur by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: RSRTC bus stand
Bus stand to Udaipur: 2.8kms, 10 mins
Delhi to RSRTC bus stand: There are direct buses/Volvos available to RSRTC Bus Stand, the boarding points in Delhi are Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate.
Places Around Udaipur:
- Kumbalgarh Fort: Known as the Great Wall Of India, it is also the birthplace of Maharana Pratap. With being recognized as a UNESCO heritage site, it is a must-visit near Udaipur.
- Chittorgarh Fort: It was the capital of Mewar, and presently is in the town Chittorgarh. It is the largest fort in India and Asia.
- Taragarh Fort: Witnessing the beautiful sunset from the fort is something you can’t miss. Beautifully built in the city of Ajmer, you will fall in love with this fort.
- Rajsamand Lake: Built by Rana Raj Singh, this lake is near Rajsamand town. It’s pristine and aesthetically pleasing.
- Mount Abu: This extremely beautiful hill station in Rajasthan is home to numerous religious monuments such as Brahmakumari Ashra, shrines of Jainism, etc.
9. Bir Billing, Himachal Pradesh
Bir Billing is a beautiful village tucked in Joginder Nagar Valley. With Bir being like a synonym to paragliding, it is indeed one of best weekend getaways from Delhi.
Situated at a steering elevation of 1,525 m enveloped with white mountains, stunning landscapes, and beautiful authentic culture.
It is also known as the Paragliding Capital Of India. This activity is best experienced at Bir Billing, and is an extraordinary experience one can get.
The place offers everything from thrill experiences like trekking, paragliding, hand gliding etc to chill experiences such as indulging into street shopping, go for cafe hopping, or simply walk near the lake.
Delhi to Bir is an easily accessible and worth every single second kind of trip. With the experiences it has to offer, you would feel that the weekend was far longer than it actually was because of all that you will get to do even with limited time.
Things To Do In Bir:
- Experience the paragliding
- Explore the takeoff site
- Touring the Toy Train
- Offer prayers at Chokling Monastery
- Wander peacefully beside the Bir River
How To Reach Bir:
- How To Reach Bir by Flight
Nearest Airport: Kangra airport in Gaggal, Dharamshala
Airport To Bir: 67.6 km, 2 hrs 15 mins
Delhi To Kangra airport in Gaggal, Dharamshala: The Indra Gandhi Airport offers direct flights. Usually, the nonstop flights take one hour and thirty minutes.
- How To Reach Bir by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Ahju railway station
Railway Station To Bir: 3 km
Delhi To Ahju railway station: There are very limited trains to Ahju railway station because it is a small station. The best route to take is boarding the train to Pathankot which is the nearest broad gauge station to Bir.
- How To Reach Bir by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Baijnath
Bus Stand To Bir: 14 km, 28 mins
Delhi To Baijnath: From Delhi to Baijnath, there are two overnight buses that leave in the evening and arrive in the morning. You can board them from Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate.
Places to explore around Bir:
- Dharmalaya Institute: This institute proudly advocates for sustainability and holistic living. Set in a beautiful location amidst the serene landscapes.
- Sherab Ling Monastery: Nestled within the Bhatu forest in the foothills of the Himalayan ranges. The entrance of the monastery is filled with colorful prayer flags along with pine trees overlooking.
- Chowgan Tea Gardens: It’s a breathtaking sight to hold when everywhere there is lush greenery. It is located in lower Bir and is home to many different kinds of tea.
- Tibetan Colony: It is a refugee settlement in the Himalayas and an interesting place to visit. The authentic culture will make your trip a memorable one.
- Himalayan Film School: It is one of the most unique experiences you can indulge yourself in. This prestigious school is beautiful and filled with a different kind of energy.
Must watch: How to make the most of your weekend in Bir
This aesthetically and spiritually pleasing city is in the Tehri Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. The scenic beauty is enhanced by the magnificent Ganga river carving right through the city, which is located at the foothills of the grand Garhwal Himalayas.
Rishikesh is one of the most popular destinations in Uttarakhand, with people coming from all around the work to awaken their spirituality and gain new perspectives on life.
In addition, it offers some exciting thrill-filled adventures with some offbeat options as well. Just like the different phases of the moon, there are different phases of Rishikesh. Each is beautiful and unique on its own like the others.
It is a perfect weekend getaways from Delhi, it will be a rejuvenating experience that is just what you need. Be it a solo weekend trip or with your family/friends, Rishikesh knows the best ways to make everyone feel like the magic that it has in its air.
Things To Do In Rishikesh:
- Experience the evening aarti at Triveni Ghat
- Tour the famous Beatles Ashram
- Explore the cafes such as Little Buddha cafe, Ganga View cafe, etc
- Rappel down the Neergarh waterfalls’ rocky cliffs
- Enjoy the thrill of River Rafting
How To Reach Rishikesh:
- How To Reach Rishikesh by Flight
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport
Airport to Rishikesh: 21 km, 35mins
Delhi to Jolly Grant Airport: With daily non-stop flights leaving from Indra Gandhi Airport, it is well linked. The time frame is roughly 45 minutes.
- How To Reach Rishikesh by Train
Nearest Railway Station: Yog Nagari Railway Station
Railway station to Rishikesh: 5.9 km, 20 mins
Delhi to Yog Nagari Railway Station: You can abode a direct train from Delhi Railway Station to Yog Nagari, the distance is approximately 239.4 km.
- How To Reach Rishikesh by Bus
Nearest Bus Stand: Rishikesh ISBT
Bus stand to Rishikesh: 5 km, 15 mins
Delhi to Rishikesh ISBT: Majnu Ka Tila and Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate in Delhi both offer direct bus and Volvo service to Rishikesh ISBT. The buses are available daily and have a frequent time duration.
Places to explore Around Rishikesh:
- Haridwar: One of the most important Hindu pilgrimage. It is a beautiful city, with temples and ghats which are the major attraction of the city.
- Neelkanth: It is an Hindu temple that it dedicated to Neelkanth that is an aspect of Lord Shiva. Apart from the religious values that it hold, the craftsmanship of this temple is remarkable.
- Mussoorie: The most popular hill station in India, and known as the Queens of the Hills. Everything about Mussoorie makes it unique, be it the maal road or the Gun hill.
- Patanjali Yoga Ashram: An initiative by Swami Ramdev. It a retreat that you must experience, and the peacefulness is surely a reward.
- Agarkhal: This small town may be ordinary, but the feeling and the fresh air is surely something one can get addicted to. It is popularly known for its local markets and food points.
Recommended Watch: Cinematic tour to Uttarakhand
We are sure that now we have given you more reasons to look forward to the weekend coming and go on a perfect getaway from our list of Weekend Getaways From Delhi. You deserve this break, and it can be a sweet little gift to yourself. Hop on!