- Duration: 3 Days
- Pick & Drop: Delhi to Delhi
- State: Himachal Pradesh
To talk of one of the most unconventional treks in Himachal, Rajgundha valley in Kangra is the best example. This valley in Himachal is truly a paradise in itself. With low to no wifi connectivity, homologous to an entirely new world on earth, Rajgundha valley is rainier in summers than it is in winters.
If you are looking forward to reconnecting with nature, wandering in oak trees, witnessing the art of wooden elephants, passing by waterfalls, and want to feast your eyes with orange sunsets and green meadows, RajGundha is the place for you. With the local culture and traditional houses, Rajgundha Valley is a colourful piece of art on earth.
Visualise the perfect combination of comfort that reminds you of the civilized world and a valley that contains the best landscape with streams, hills and mountains. That landscape, dominated by wafts of air, replacing the buzz of a hustling crowd and the blaring honking of cars, is the landscape you would see perfectly come true as the valley of RajGundha.
Envision snow-capped mountains with a glimpse of the splashing piste, a landscape covered in powder snow, all this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to describing the beauty of RajGundha.
The ancient villages and fascinating sceneries of Badagran, Rajgundha and KukkarGundha portray the very backdrop of this place and its surroundings. One can enjoy fishing in the waters of the Uhl River or spend his/her weekend with bonfires, photography, rock climbing, river crossing, and rappelling over waterfalls. A nearby place, Barot, which is an hour’s drive away from RajGundha, is famous for its delicious lamb and trout. For vegetarian travellers, popular local delicacies like the khatta sabzi, Rajmah and Gobhi potatoes from the Chhota Bhangal areas are the best alternatives.
There is also this small wooden bridge across the Uhl River that offers a swim under the waterfall in the Badagran swimming pool. Twenty-Five hundred metres away, there’s RajGundha, with Billing away a certain distance. The valley presents the unique opportunity to explore the magnificent Biel Monastery and savour the best Tibetan cuisine. The place also has the renowned temples of Baijyanath, Mahakal and Vindhyavasini, with a stroll-way through the tea plantations in Palampur, further leading to the banks of the Neugal River.
Snow-capped mountains tower over the valley that stretches for several kilometres. The clouds over these peaks tried to bid farewell to the day, their colours changing in the glow of the setting sun.
0th Day: Drive From Delhi to Bir
1st Day: Arrival In Bir, Sightseeing Day
2nd Day: Trek to Rajgundha Village
3rd Day: Off To Delhi Again
Delhi to Delhi:
|Triple Occupancy||5900 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||6300 / Person|
Itinerary (Delhi to Delhi)
0th Day : Drive From Delhi to Bir
- The group will assemble at the pickup point around 06 PM.
- We’ll be introduced with the team captains and the rest of the group.
- After that, we’ll move towards Bir in an overnight journey.
- We’ll make a brief stoppage for dinner on our way to Bir. (on personal expense).
1st Day : Arrival In Bir, Sightseeing Day
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- The rest of the day is at leisure.
- You are suggested to take a stroll into the vicinity and just relax for a whole day.
- We’ll plan a visit to Monastery and the waterfall as well followed by a visit to Bir's Cafe (on personal expense).
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Bir.
2nd Day : Trek to Rajgundha Village
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- After that, we’ll move to billing, which is the starting point of the trek.
- Soon after reaching, we’ll start out for the 10 km long trek.
- In between, we’ll have packed lunch.
- Some of the major attractions to check while on the trek are Elephant nose point, Chachu Tea Point at Chenna Pass, Chor Nala, Rajgundha Bridge.
- Upon reaching, snacks and tea will be served and we’ll get to freshen up there.
- Post-check-in, dinner will be served.
- The group will enjoy the evening with a bonfire, star-studded clear skies and a nice company.
- The day will end with an overnight stay at Rajgundha Campsite.
3rd Day : Off To Delhi Again
- We’ll have an early breakfast.
- Soon afterwards, we’ll trek back to Billing once again.
- The rest of the day is at leisure, and you can do paragliding and other activities if time permits.
- We’ll board our bus back for Delhi around 06:00 PM.
Transportation in Volvo/Tempo Traveller.
After breakfast transfer Bir to Billing by cab . 18 km from Bir to Billing by cab.
Trekk start from Billing take-off point to Rajgundha village. 12 km trek from Billing to Rajgundha.
After reaching the camp evening tea snacks.
Stay in Dome tent at Rajgundha.
3Breakfast, 2dinner(only veg), bonfire, music.
First Aid Kits
All Required Permits
Early check-in at the hotel.
Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 45 days before the departure date
44 Days to 30 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
29 Days to 20 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
19 Days to 10 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
10 Days to 6 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost will be charged as cancellation fee.
6 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season