Praised for its clean surroundings, Chandigarh is a rapidly growing urban city that offers amazing options for exciting road trips. Being situated close to Himachal, Uttarakhand and Jammu, this cosmopolitan city is never short of numerous getaways to break the monotony. Having a plethora of places to visit near Chandigarh makes it easy to plan escapes under a budget of Rs. 6000.
So hop on and get ready to explore these 8 best road trips from Chandigarh under minimal budget!
- Patnitop – Patnitop is one of the splendid hill retreat located near Jammu and can be reached easily under budget from Chandigarh by road. For adventure enthusiasts, this hill station is a good place for a day picnic, trekking and aero-sports. People visiting holy shrines such as Shivkhori and Vaishnodevi often add this place into their travel itinerary. The hilltop will treat your eyes with stunning views of Pir Panjal mountain ranges and Chenab River basin. Get soaked in the beauty of nature by planning a roadtrip to Patnitop, located at 409 kms from Chandigarh.
- Pahalgam – Situated at 581 ksm from Chandigarh, Pahalgam is blessed with a brilliant landscape beauty and tranquility. People who are looking out for a peaceful getaway and want to escape the urban madness, a roadtrip to Pahalgam is a perfect destination for them. Visit the beautiful Aru Wildlife Sanctuary which is home to musk deers and brown bears. Decorated with crystal clear lakes, streams and soaring high mountains, Pahalgam is offers pleasant weather and a leisure-filled holiday without creating a hole in your pocket.
- Kupwara – Want to enjoy the lush green meadows and cool atmosphere? Then Kupwara in Kashmir is the right place for a budgeted roadtrip from Chandigarh. Sharing a long border with Pakistan, this less explored gem is adorned with virgin meadows and unique flora and fauna. The enchanting views of mighty Himalayan peaks like Dajalongun, Feshiltong and Bulbeer will mesmerize you. Kupwara lies at 641 kms from Chandigarh and can be preferred if you love travelling to offbeat destinations under minimum budget.
- Naddi Village – Located in beautiful Kangra district, Naddi is a less visited place as compared to the nearby hill station like Mcleodganj. Set in the foothills of majestic Dhauladhar range, this quaint village is a nice option to stay amidst serenity. Naddi village is decorated with beautiful waterfalls, lakes, and also acts as a starting point for heavenly beautiful Triund hill and Kareri Lake trek. This super-awesome destination in Himachal Pradesh is situated at 252 kms from Chandigarh. Plan a roadtrip to this hill retreat in Dharamsala to unwind in the lap of nature.
- Tosh – Tucked between Parvati Valley, Tosh is a great destination to visit with friends and especially for backpackers. The chilled-out and surreal environment of this picturesque Himalayan village near Manikaran is just best to relax, eat and chill. For adventure enthusiasts, there are various treks such as Kheerganga and Chalal. Tosh is still untouched from modern day lifestyle and maintains its old rustic charm. Add this destination into your roadtrip plan from Chandigarh, situated at 307 kms.
- Prashar Lake – Situated near Mandi at 253 kms from Chandigarh, the trek to sacred Prashar Lake can be done easily even by a beginner. So you don’t need to be and mountaineer or expert. The stunning views of snow-clad Dhauladhar peaks will take your breath away. Prashar Lake is a short trek and best place for night camping. Experience nature in its most beautiful form by planning a budgeted roadtrip to Prashar Lake from Chandigarh.
- Chakrata – Chakrata is a small yet peaceful hill station nestled in Himalayas. Lies in Dehradun district, this travel destination is a must visit place for family and best friends. Decorated with lush forests, refreshing weather and scenic surroundings, this little hamlet in Uttarakhand is located at 190 kms from Chandigarh. Thus can be visited easily even on a short weekend. Plan a roadtrip to Chakrata under less budget and relax in the lap of nature.
- Nag Tibba – Lies close to Mussoorie, Nag Tibba is an amazing trek for adventure lovers at 222 kms. The word ‘Nag Tibba’ means ‘mountain of the serpent’. That is why the place is considered sacred by the locals as they believe that it is the abode of Nag Devta. Enjoy some awesome sunrises and sunsets while camping at Nag Tibba with your best buddies. The trekking route starts from Pantwari village and can be done by beginners too. Add this trekking destination into your list while planning a roadtrip from Chandigarh.
Looking for some more destinations around Chandigarh? Checkout the road trips you can plan under Rs.6000.
Contributed By: Sahil Singh