Being the capital city of India, Delhi is one of the oldest dwelling cities in the world and nowadays most polluted too. That’s why Delhiites really want to escape out from the monotony and bad atmosphere, in order to breathe fresh air and give their mind some much-needed rest. Now this acts as relief that around Delhi there are numerous places to go on a roadtrip. There are serene hill stations, thrilling treks, offbeat destinations, river ghats, and much more.
So, don’t wait anymore now and checkout these 8 exciting road trips from Delhi under budget which you can plan with your friends, family or someone special.
- Jodhpur – Popularly known as ‘The Blue City’, Jodhpur in Rajasthan is a good option if you are planning for a budgeted roadtrip from Delhi. Painted with the blue color, this royal city is adorned with ancient palaces, magnificent Mehrangarh Fort and last but not the least nearby Thar desert. Jodhpur was founded by Rao Jodha in 1459. Other places of interest are Salim Singh Ki Haveli, Mahamandir Temple, The Fort Of Pokaran and Jai Pol. This famous city lies at 603 kms from Delhi. Explore the streets of Jodhpur and talk to locals to learn more about Rajasthani culture.
- Shekhawati – Located close to Delhi at 226 kms, Shekhawati is a cultural and heritage site decorated with havelis, palaces and majestic forts. So if you are a photography lover or an architecture student, then you will definitely fall in love with this less explored region of Rajasthan. Situated in Jhunjhunu area, Shekhawati even offers activities like camel rides and horse back rides. Plan a roadtrip from Delhi to this amazing Rajasthani town that too under a reasonable amount.
- Mount Abu – Mount Abu is a superb hill retreat nestled on the highest point of Aravali hills. Set in the lush green backdrop with pristine waterfalls and cool lakes, this hill station in Rajasthan will give you a much needed relief from summer heat and monotony. Mount Abu is dotted with various British style bungalows and royal heritage homes for accommodation purpose. Located at 760 kms, plan a road trip from Delhi to Mount Abu with your beloved ones.
- Pangot – Situated at a drive of 308 kms from Delhi, Pangot is a charming hamlet near popular hill station of Nainital. Cradled in Kumaon Himalayas, this hill town is less visited hence blessed with surreal environment. The stunning vistas all around and pleasant climate will surely rejuvenate your soul. Pangot is an ideal place for a family vacation amidst Himalayas away from the hubbub of city life. If you are peace seeker, then do take nature walks or go out for bird watching – the famous thing about Pangot. For adventure buffs, trekking trail from Pangot to Naina peak is a fantastic option to get closer to nature. A road trip from Delhi to Pangot will be easy on your pocket.
- Badrinath – Nestled at an elevation of 3050 m above sea level, Badrinath is one of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage site. This holy shrine is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and comes under ‘Chardham’. Therefore, people pay homage at Badrinath atleast once in a lifetime to achieve salvation or moksha – the biggest goal in Hinduism. The temple is positioned on the banks of gushing Alaknanda River and offers various options for sightseeing like Vasudhara Falls, Vyas Cave, Mana (last village of India) etc. Located at 538 kms, plan a road trip from Delhi to Badrinath under a reasonable amount.
- Binsar – Binsar is a quaint hamlet in the lap of Kumaon Himalayas, lies at a drive of 387 kms from Delhi. Adorned with awe-inspiring vistas, Binsar is best known for its virgin meadows, sacred temples and wildlife sanctuary that houses Himalayan leopard. Rejuvenate amidst pine and deodar forest, plan a roadtrip to Binsar without creating a hole in your pocket.
- Kareri Lake – The scenic town of Dharamsala acts as a base point for many Himalayan treks such as Kareri Lake. This high altitude freshwater lake lies at the foothills of mighty Dhauladhar range and also known as Kumarwah Lake. This 9 kms trek is one of the best Himalayan treks in Dhauladhar region. Due to the presence or lush virgin pasturelands, people belonging to Gaddi or Gujjar community can be easily spotted enroute Kareri Lake trek. The enchanting vistas of snow-clad peaks and utmost tranquility all around, this heavenly beautiful destination is just perfect for an offbeat getaway. Plan a road trip to Kareri Lake from Delhi, situated at 498 kms.
- Barog – Set in the lap of Solan Valley in Himachal Pradesh, Barog is a small hill town is one of the perfect place for small getaways with friends or family. This popular hill retreat offers awesome vistas of serene Shivalik hills and utmost serenity. Barog also provides options for overnight camping, hiking and other. Shimla which is the capital city of Himachal Pradesh is around 65 kms far from Barog. Situated at 290 kms from Delhi, Choose this picturesque hill retreat for a budgeted road trip.
Looking for some more destinations around Delhi? Checkout the road trips you can plan under Rs.6000.
Contributed By: Sahil Singh