One of the most colorful city in Rajasthan. Jaipur not only reflects the rich and royal heritage of India but also offers some exciting places for road trips. If you live in Jaipur and looking for some great road trip destinations, then your search ends here.
So hop on and get ready to explore these 10 best road trips from Jaipur under minimal budget!
- Manesar – Manesar is a rapidly developing town in Haryana which still enjoys the beauty of Aravalli hills. Located near Delhi & Gurgaon, Manesar offers various attractions to make your escape memorable one. Situated near Aravalli range, Damdama lake provides you tranquility away from the chaos of urbanization. For photography and bird lovers, a small walk-in Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary will make your road trip from Jaipur worthful.
- Chandigarh – Nestled in the foothills of Shivalik range, Chandigarh is a gateway to all the major and beautiful hill retreats. Known as ‘the city beautiful’ Chandigarh offers plenty of options for sightseeing such as Rose Garden, Rock Garden, and Pinjore Garden; thus called the city of gardens as well. Enjoy the authentic taste of Punjabi food at local markets or spend some leisure time at Sukhna Lake. Plan a road trip from Jaipur with your closed ones.
- Agroha – Agroha is all about majestically carved ancient structures. Located in the Hisar district of Haryana, this heritage place is believed to be the capital of King Agrasen. The place is highly revered by Agrawal community or the followers of Maharaja Agrasen. An educational road trip to Agroha will give you an opportunity to explore various temples and great food points.
- Khirsu – A less visited tiny hamlet hidden in the woods, Khirsu is blessed with a pleasant climate and unmatchable beauty of Himalayas. It is perhaps one of the most pristine places in Uttarakhand, surrounded by high hills and dense forest. So, all the peace seekers plan a road trip from Jaipur to Khirsu amidst the mighty Himalayas.
- Rishikesh – Nestled in the foothills of Shivalik hills, Rishikesh is where River Ganges leaves the Himalayas and enters the plains. Dotted with several ancient temple and serenity, this sacred place is an ideal place for a road trip near Jaipur. Rafting in the gushing rapids of Ganges, flying fox and thrilling bungee jumping makes Rishikesh the ultimate destination for adventure enthusiasts.
- Kanatal – Situated on the Chamba-Mussoorie highway, a small holiday to Kanatal can be planned under a minimal budget. If you are looking for camping in the lap of hills, then this hill retreat is a great option. A quick getaway to Kanatal from Jaipur will give you some sweet memories to cherish for a lifetime.
- Ambaji – Ambaji is a sacred town surrounded by Arasur hills in the vibrant state of Gujrat. Located on a hilltop, the holy shrine of Ambaji (an incarnation of Goddess Shakti) revered by the devotees with full faith. One can see the impressive peaks of Aravalli ranges from Ambaji Temple. Seek the blessings from the Divine Mother by planning a budgeted road trip from Jaipur.
- Panchmahal – Lies in the eastern end of Gujrat, Panchmahal was once ruled by Mughals defeating the Marathas. One of the top attraction in Panchmahal is Hathni Mata Waterfall blessed with tranquility. The surreal environment around the waterfall is just perfect to rejuvenate. The ancient structures at Navlakha Kothar are a treat to the eyes. Plan a road trip from Jaipur to this offbeat place in Gujrat.
- Sanchi – Blessed with the divinity of Buddhism, Sanchi is a small town in Madhya Pradesh. Adorned with several Buddhist monuments such as the famous Great Sanchi Stupa. Hence, the place is considered as one of the important Buddhist pilgrimages. If you are history lover, then do visit Sanchi Museum, Gupta Temple, Ashoka Pillar and majestic Udaygiri Caves. Sanchi is a good option for a small road trip around Jaipur.
- Khajuraho – Khajuraho is widely popular for the group of monuments or temples built in the 9th century and visited by both Hindus and Jains. Beautifully carved sculptures and masterpieces of ancient Indian art found here are a treat to the eyes. Explore the rich heritage of India by planning a road trip from Jaipur.
Looking for some more destinations near Jaipur? Checkout the road trips you can plan under Rs.5000.
Contributed by : Sahil Singh