There is some good news for travelers who are planning to visit Meghalaya!
After an arduous period of 9 long months, Meghalaya is set to reopen its doors to tourists. The incoming tourists will be required to follow all COVID Guidelines and health and hygiene related protocols.
Meghalaya’s Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said in the press “We are reopening tourism in Meghalaya for tourists from outside the State from 21st December, 2020. To ensure the safety of everyone, registration through the @meghtourism app is made mandatory and SOPs are put in place. The Home Of Clouds looks forward to welcoming you.”
Before visiting Meghalaya, here are certain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that every traveller needs to keep in mind:
- Travellers would be required to show an original copy of the COVID-19 negative report at the entry points.
- The tests should not be older than 72 hours. The RAT Negative Test will not remain valid for travellers entering the state.
- Tourists planning to visit Meghalaya will need to mandatorily register on the Meghalaya Tourism App and, at the same time, generate an e-invite for the proposed itinerary. Travellers can find the Meghalaya Tourism App both on Google Play Store and the Apple Store.
- The e-invite can be generated on the official website of Meghalaya Tourism. You need a valid photo ID card of self and of other members who are travelling with you; the same needs to be uploaded on the Meghalaya Tourism App. Those travelling in a group can register and generate one e-invite.
- A booking of at least two nights stay (hotel,homestay,guesthouse) is a must and a declaration of the complete itinerary is mandatory for the e-invite to be generated.
- The travellers can also generate an e-invite from the registered tour operators from Meghalaya Tourism website or Meghalaya Tourism app.
- People who are staying as a guest of any family or friend in Meghalaya, need to declare the full address and contact details of the family or friend wherever they are staying. A complete itinerary also needs to be submitted to obtain an e-invite.
So travellers, what do you make of this news? Are you happy to finally plan and travel to the majestic North Eastern state of Meghalaya? Do let us know in the comments.
Looking for a Backpacking Trip to Meghalaya? click here to check the itinerary.
If you are not the backpacking trip type, here are other Meghalaya Packages to look at.
For more information related to Meghalaya and travel scenarios, trip updates and latest developments of other states and rest of India, you can join our Whatsapp group.
Leave a Comment