Nestled on the banks of River Yamuna, Agra draws travellers to Agra like moths to a wondrous flame. This popular and medieval city in Uttar Pradesh is one of the most visited place for history and architecture lovers. If you live in Agra and looking for some great weekend trip destinations, then your search ends here.
Here is a list of 7 weekend getaways from Agra that you just can’t miss.
- Haridwar – Known as gateway to Gods, Haridwar is a sacred site for Hindu devotees situated on the banks of River Ganga. Lakhs of Hindu devotees visit this holy city to relieve themselves of their sins and achieve salvation. Choose this divine city of Uttarakhand for a budgeted trip around Agra. You can also visit Rishikesh from Haridwar for yoga and adventure activities.
Distance from Agra: 391 kms
- Orchha – A hidden gem in the incredible state of Madhya Pradesh, Orchha is steadily gaining popularity for its magnificent palaces, beautifully carved temples and Forts. Lies on the bank of River Betwa, this historically rich city is dotted with numerous medieval period architecture thus a perfect place for backpackers and history lovers.
Distance from Agra: 255 kms
- Devgarh – Devgarh or Deogarh is an unexplored beauty in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan. Devgarh is set in the beautiful Aravali hills with a small pond rests at its base. This city is also decorated with spectacular sanctuaries and temples. Feel the local culture of the Mewar region by interacting with the friendly locals. Plan a budgeted road trip to Deogarh and explore the magnificent Mewar culture.
Distance from Agra: 513 kms
- Govardhan Hill – Situated in the Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh, this sacred pilgrimage is just near Vrindavan. Govardhan Parvat (also known as Giriraj) is a narrow sandstone hill, which is 8 km in length. The legend of this holy place is associated with the blue god, Lord Krishna. So, visit this holy place around Agra and experience the divinity of Lord Krishna.
Distance from Agra: 77 kms
- Ranthambore – Rich with amazing biodiversity, Ranthambore is one of the biggest National Park in North India. If you are an avid wildlife enthusiast, then go for a gypsy safari in Ranthambore. Spend some quality time along Surwal & Padam Lake, visit temples and Ranthambore Fort. Thus make your weekend getaway from Agra a memorable one.
Distance from Agra: 292 kms
- Kausani – Kausani is a charming hill station which you can visit near Agra. This less known hamlet is a paradise for mountain lovers as it offers a panoramic vista of mighty Himalayas. Adorned with lush green valley, verdant pine trees, and tranquility, Kausani is just perfect to escape the chaos of urban life. Set in the surreal Kumaon Himalayas, a road trip to this quaint hill station in Uttarakhand will mesmerize you with its virgin beauty.
Distance from Agra: 456 kms
- Neemrana Fort – A magnificent palace in Rajasthan, Neemrana Fort is a perfect blend of arts and modernity. This 15th-century heritage hotel has seven palace wings, beautiful lush hanging gardens and refreshing pools. Located on Delhi-Jaipur highway, Neemrana Fort-Palace is an ideal choice for those looking for a leisure-filled weekend getaway.
Distance from Agra: 255 kms
Anybody who is planning a weekend getaway from Agra must explore these beautiful places around it.
Looking for some more weekend getaways from Agra? Checkout the destination for your next trip here.
Contributed by : Sahil Singh