A bike trip is one of the most amazing experiences one can ever have. But the most important thing to remember while you’re on it is that no matter how nice the weather might be, or how pleasant the road you are on, there will always be problems along the way. One should always be prepared for every possible happening; thus, bike trip essentials are a must!
There are a lot of things that need to be done before you can set off on your trip. Therefore, before you head out, take a look at this guide to ensure your vacation will go off without a hitch.
Bike Trip essentials that you need on a bike trip
Whether you’re heading for a weekend getaway or an epic month-long trip, there are a few essentials that you’ll need to take with you to get you going on your bike trip. Let’s read out those!
1. Lightweight Backpack
If you are planning a bike trip, don’t look at the list of things you need and rush out to buy them. The purpose of this guide is to help you avoid getting carried away with buying unnecessary stuff and focus on your actual adventure. So, make sure that you carry a backpack with essentials, namely:
- 2-4 sets of clothing
- water bottle
- Electricals such as mobile phone, camera, mobile charger, and power bank
- Toiletries such as face wash, soap, toothbrush, paste, lotion, etc
- First Aid Kit
2. Bike Essentials
As I mentioned earlier, anything can go wrong at any time. So make sure your bike is ready to go when the time comes! Here are some bike trip essentials for you:
- Air jacket, gloves, guards, and shoes
- Bluetooth Helmet communicator
- GPS Navigation
- Motorcycle Tool Kit & foot pump
- Spare bike key
- Extra fuel tank
- Professional camera installed
3. Documents and cash
Try not to forget these documents and some extra cash with yourself:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle RC and insurance
- Govt issued Id
- A hard copy of the route map
- Debit card/Credit card
Also, check out the best travel hacks to follow!
4. Additional Resources
Apart from the above stated essentials, there are some more things that you’ve to focus on. So, before commencing the bike trip make sure that you have a good knowledge about these:
- Fuel Pumps Availability
- Mechanics in route
- Route hurdles and unmarked obstructions
How to prepare well with these bike trip essentials?
The main purpose of this post is to let you know about all the essentials that have to be packed. But at the same time, it is also very important that you consider some things before you start your adventure. Wondering what all these things are? Keep reading!
Things to keep in mind before commencing your bike trip
- Make sure your bike is in good condition before embarking on your bike trip. Get it checked out by a professional mechanic, or if you intend to repair it yourself then do ample research so that you have all the tools and parts.
- Make sure you have everything ready before commencing your bike trip; from planning to preparation.
- Make sure you’re comfortable riding your bike, have the right gear and tools, bike trip essentials and also introduce yourself to the area before taking off.
- Take sufficient breaks so that you won’t suffer from body aches.
- Keep the track of weather forecast before starting your ride; check out the stays and be prepared with a proper itinerary.
- Be secure; share your location with someone trustworthy, in case of any doubts.
Suggested read: Best Biking Routes in India
We live for the ride and sometimes, for the journey. This list of must-have bike trip essentials will help you take on your next trip without any hurdles. In case you still have any doubts, feel free to comment below!