Winter is an ideal time to carry through a trip as traveling on winter days makes people ecstatic with its great weather. Whether you love to indulge yourself in adventurous activities like skiing, zorbing, snowboarding, trekking, or in the joy of having the whole road to yourself in the frigid air, and the snap of the trees under a fresh layer of snow, there’s no better time to hit the road. The best winter trips will allow you to experience snow and cold weather in all its glory.
Winter is the best time for individuals who love being adventurous and wants to experience the wonders of nature.
With no worries, one can go trekking and hiking as there are no muddy trails or slippery mud. You can just walk along your favorite trail, throw on a backpack and be on your way without caring for anything else in the world.
You can’t truly experience winter until you’ve gone on a trip. There is nothing like the feeling of being in a snowy landscape, admiring a lake, or hiking along a trail in cold weather. But keeping all the winter things aside, are you worrying about the prices? Well, if yes, leave it all behind and embark on the adventure of a lifetime as we have bought “Sale of the Season” for all the backpackers who love to grab the chance to explore new places and create lasting memories. The SOS is bestowing you an opportunity to travel at your prices, where you can choose from 50+ destinations. So, as now prices are not a concern, here are the best winter trips for you to explore this winter season.
List of Best Winter Trips In India 2022
1. Trip to Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand, a picturesque state with scenic landscapes, snow-capped mountains, and lakes is exactly what you expect your winter trip to be. It is home to mesmerizing Himalayan wildlife, national parks, and Hindu pilgrimage sites. Exciting activities and thrilling experiences await you in this winter wonderland.
Things to explore in Uttarakhand to put together one of your best winter trips
- River rafting in the tidal waves of Ganga
- Cliff Jumping in Rishikesh
- Sightseeing at Beatles Ashram, Ram Jhula, and Lakshman Jhula
- Ganga Arti at Triveni Ghat
- Ropeway with Auli Car Cable
- Tungnath trek in Chopta
- Lakes like Deoria Tal
- Visiting temples like Kedarnath, Badrinath
- Exploring Jim Corbett National Park and Valley of Flowers National Park
With an adventure-packed itinerary, we encourage you to explore the exciting side of Uttarakhand. So, if you’re ready to execute your trip to Uttarakhand, don’t take long to plan out the trip by taking support of the Uttarakhand itinerary.
2. Himachal Backpacking Trip
Himachal, the place that lifts up your spirit right away, is the second one on the list of best winter trips. It’s not only the serene lakes, meadows, and snow that enhance the beauty of Himachal, it is considered a go-to place in winters for other innumerable reasons as well.
The snow-covered lands will let you catch sight of rare species like Himalayan Musk deer, snow leopard, etc. This is not it! You can experience the best of your trip by indulging in snow activities that are only open in the winter season.
Things to explore in Himachal to put together one of your best winter trips
- Zorbing, Skiing, ATV rides, Paragliding, Zipline in Solang Valley
- Trekking and paragliding in Kullu
- Hot springs at Manikaran
- Visiting Himalayan National Park and temples of Raghunath and Bijli Mahadev
- Skiing at Kufri
- Kheerganga trail
- Visiting famous places in Manali, Jibhi, tosh, etc.
With an adventure-packed itinerary, we encourage you to explore the exciting side of Himachal. So, if you’re ready to execute your trip to Himachal, go through this detailed Himachal itinerary.
3. Trip to Meghalaya
Meghalaya is next on the list of best winter trips as the best time to visit the place is from September to March. There can never be only one reason for visiting Meghalaya as the things to do here are endless!
From a peaceful environment filled with tranquillity to activities like trekking, camping, and water sports, it has it all. There are various options for you to spend your time in Meghalaya, some of which are mentioned below.
Suggested Read: Reasons to visit Meghalaya at least once in your life
Things to explore in Meghalaya to put together one of your best winter trips
- Visit Shillong, the heart of Meghalaya
- Enjoy the Krang Shuri waterfall
- Cliff Jumping, Boating, and Snorkelling, in Shnongpdeng
- Trek to the Double Decker Living Roots Bridge
- Visit the Nokalikai waterfall, the tallest plunge waterfall
- Seven sister falls is a must
Need additional information regarding the best Meghalaya itinerary? Click here.
4. Bike expedition to Tawang
Tawang, which is surrounded by various hills and rivers, is undoubtedly encompassed by diverse flora and fauna. Besides its natural splendor, it is known for its monasteries and statues.
The serene environment, snow-capped landscapes, and other things keep calling backpackers to enjoy the most of it. But what all can you enjoy in Tawang? The list has it all!
Places to explore in Tawang to put together one of your best winter trips
- Kaziranga National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Bomdila, a true tropical paradise
- Sela Pass, a high-altitude mountain pass that connects Tawang to the rest of the country.
- Bum La Pas, a striking view of the Indo-China Border
- P.T. Tso Lake and Madhuri lake
- Gaden Namgyal Lhatse visit
- Urgelling Monastery in Tawang
- Giant Buddha statue in Tawang
Looking for a more detailed itinerary for a trip to Tawang? Worry not, we’ve got your back! Click here to find the best trip itinerary to Tawang.
Book your seats for any of the above trips under SOS and choose your prices! Hurry up, and get ready for your best winter trips by clicking here.