Popularly known as “The Pink City”, Jaipur is revered for its royal and colorful backdrop. Whether you want to see the ancient forts, colorful gardens, old temples, or serene lakes, this capital city of Rajasthan has everything in its vicinity. There are various best places to visit near Jaipur with your closed ones.
Here’re some amazing destinations for weekend getaways from Jaipur.
- Sariska – Sariska is majorly known for Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, where you can expect to have a glimpse of the most royal animal of forest i.e. tiger. Apart from tigers, you can even spot leopard, Indian eagle-owl, golden jackal, deer and much more. Sariska offers thrilling jeep safaris that is just perfect for wildlife photographers and adventure enthusiasts. Thus, it is a perfect place for the weekend getaway from Jaipur.
Distance from Jaipur: 133 kms
- Ranthambore – Rich with amazing biodiversity, Ranthambore is one of the biggest National Park in North India. If you are an avid wildlife enthusiast, then go for a gypsy safari in Ranthambore. You can also visit Ranthambore Fort, various temples dedicated to Hindus and Jains Tirthankaras. Spend some quality time along Surwal & Padam Lake. Thus make your weekend getaway from Jaipur a memorable one.
Distance from Jaipur: 163 kms
- Kumbhalgarh – Kumbhalgarh is indeed one of the most beautiful places in Rajasthan that attract a lot of foreign travelers. The bird’s-eye view you get from this magnificent fort cannot be simply described in the words. Built during the 15th century, the gigantic fort of Kumbhalgarh is surrounded by Aravali hills. It is of great significance for being the birthplace of Mewar’s legendary ruler Maharana Pratap. Kumbhalgarh can be easily reached and therefore can be chosen for a memorable weekend getaway from Jaipur.
Distance from Jaipur: 345 kms
- Mount Abu – The lush green backdrop, waterfalls, and cool lakes, Mount Abu is a beautiful hill station suitable to get away from the scorching heat of Rajasthan. Situated on the highest point of Aravali range. This picturesque hill station is dotted with various British style bungalows and royal heritage homes. You can even stay like a local with tribal communities here for an unmatched experience. Plan a weekend getaway from Jaipur to Mount Abu with your beloved ones.
Distance from Jaipur: 494 kms
- Gwalior – If you are looking for a weekend getaway from Jaipur that can be explored in a short span of time, then head towards Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh. Here you can see the majestic beauty of ancient royal mementos such as the prestigious Gwalior Fort located atop Vindhya mountain. Apart from historic forts, such as Gujari Mahal and Jas Vilas Palace,; you can also visit numerous temples and museums in Gwalior. Sahasrabahu Temple, Chaturbhuj Temple and much more. When in Gwalior don’t forget to visit the Samadhi of Rani Lakshmi Bai who fought fearlessly with the British army during the battle of 1857.
Distance from Jaipur: 325 kms
- Chopta – Situated high in the majestic Himalayas, Chopta is a little hamlet in Uttarakhand. It offers breathtaking vistas of great Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Chaukhamba, and Nanda Devi. The rich flora and fauna found here at Chopta is really beautiful. From here you can trek to Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world and seek the blessings from the Lord. Situated at an elevation of 2680 m above sea level, this quaint hill retreat in Uttarakhand is ideal for a long weekend getaway from Jaipur.
Distance from Jaipur: 666 kms
- Mussoorie – Mussoorie is a beautiful hill retreat in Uttarakhand also known as “Queen Of Hills”. Feel the old world charm of the colonial era in this quaint hill station while walking on The Mall Road or eating a delightful pastry at a bakery shop. You can enjoy a thrilling ride in ropeway on the second highest peak of Mussoorie called Gun Hill. From here you will get a panoramic view of snow-capped Himalayas. Do some shopping on Kurli Bazaar or enjoy the waterfall at Kempty Falls. There’s so much to do in Mussoorie, thus making it a great option for the weekend getaway from Jaipur.
Distance from Jaipur: 557 kms
Looking for some more weekend getaways from Jaipur? Checkout the destination for your next trip here.
Contributed by : Sahil Singh