Being the capital city of India, Delhi is a perfect blend of modern and contemporary culture. This metropolis brings together arts, heritage, fashion, entertainment and travel. Living in and around Delhi is helpful especially for those who want to escape the madness of city life. There are various amazing places around Delhi which can be visited under a reasonable amount of Rs. 4000.
So here are 12 road trips from Delhi under 4000 which you can plan with your friends, family or someone special.
- Mukteshwar – Situated at 350 kms from Delhi, Mukteshwar derive its name from Lord Shiva. Nestled in the Nainital district, this charming hill retreat of Uttarakhand is known for adventure sports and breathtaking view of Nanda Devi Peak. Take a break from your monotonous schedule and spend some leisure time amidst beautiful fruit orchards and wondrous coniferous forests. For an extraordinary experience under budget, stay in a holiday home such as cottage or guesthouse available in Mukteshwar.
- Kanatal – Away from the hustle-bustle of urban life, Kanatal is an offbeat destination in the Tehri District of Uttarakhand. Located on the Chamba-Mussoorie highway, this quaint hill station is just perfect if you want to seek peace and solitude. Kanatal is nearly 300 km from Delhi and easy on your pocket. The lush green environment and pleasant weather makes this hill retreat a great option for camping enthusiasts. For more adventure, you can take a short trek to Surkanda Devi and Kaudia forest.
- Khirsu – Khirsu is an unknown gem of Uttarakhand from where snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas can be seen in it’s best position. This charming small village is set in a cool, pleasant and pollution free environment. Situated in Pauri Garhwal district, the small town of Khirsu offers numerous opportunities to spend some good time and remember those moments as well. Choose this picturesque hill retreat for a budgeted trip around Delhi.
- Govardhan Hill – Situated in the Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh, this sacred pilgrimage is at a distance of around 205 kms from Delhi. Located around Vrindavan, Govardhan Parvat (also known as Giriraj) is a narrow sandstone hill, which is 8 km in length. The legend of this holy place is associated with the blue god, Lord Krishna, who lifted the mountain peak of Govardhan on his left hand for seven successive days. So if you are visiting Vrindavan, then do visit this holy place around Delhi and experience the divinity of Lord Krishna.
- Fatehpur Sikri – This red sandstone architecture was established by great Mughal emperor Akbar to celebrate the birth of his son Salim and pay homage to the Sufi saint Sheikh Salim Chisti. Situated at a distance of around 243 kms from Delhi, Fatehpur Sikri is a perfect place for heritage lovers and affordable too. The art and architecture of the city showcases the mix of Islamic and Hindu style.
- Nahan – Situated at an altitude of 932 metres, Nahan is a perfect romantic getaway. Away from the buzzing crowd of the city, this small hill station serves as an ideal holiday destination under shoestring budget. Lying among the lofty Shivalik range, Nahan is blessed by nature. The town is clean with comfortable and cosy lifestyle. So don’t wait, just plan your trip to this picturesque hill town with someone special.
- Barog – Nestled in the Solan Valley of Himachal Pradesh, Barog is a small hill station which is gaining popularity due to overnight camping activities. This popular hill retreat offers magnificent views of Shivalik hills and utmost serenity. Shimla which is the capital city of Himachal Pradesh is around 65 kms far from Barog.
- Palampur – Located at a distance of 504 kms from Delhi, Palampur is an unexplored and lush green hill station in the Kangra Valley of Himachal Pradesh. This hill town is famous its fine quality of tea and sprawling tea plantation. The majestic Dhauladhar ranges in the background makes Palampur more beautiful.
- Manesar – Situated on the lower Aravalli Ranges in Gurgaon district, Manesar lies on a hilltop and thus a quick getaway around Delhi. Damdama Lake is one of the major attractions here and offers utmost tranquility. The serene water of the Lake make tourists feels relaxed. Sohna Lake is another amazing destination that catches the attention of So instead of going to those humdum cafes or bars, take a short and pocket-friendly trip to Manesar with your friends.
- Morni – Morni is a small village in Morni Hills at the height of 1267 meters in Panchkula district of Haryana. This picturesque hamlet is renowned for the scintillating scenic views it offers. Morni is an ideal place for all the nature lovers because of large variety of birds found here. For adventure enthusiasts, there are beautiful lakes and good trails for trekking. Situated at a distance of 277 km from Delhi, this small hill retreat can be visited under reasonable amount.
- Amer – Located in Jaipur, this destination is mainly famous for the Amer fort (Amber Fort). It is known for its blend of Rajput and Hindu style of architecture and little bit mixture of Hindu and Muslim style too. This historic fort was built with red and white sandstone. Experience the rich and royal heritage of India by planning a small trip to Amer from Delhi which will be easy on your pocket.
- Sariska – Sariska is situated in the Alwar district of Rajasthan and at a distance of about 213 kms from Delhi. Nestled in the Aravali Hills, lies Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary (Sariska Tiger Reserve) is known for Royal Bengal Tigers. The Siliserh Lake and Jaisamand Lake are two serene lakes that serve as delightful picnic spots for family.
Looking for some more destinations around Delhi? Checkout the road trips you can plan under Rs.4000.
Contributed By : Sahil Singh