Daily following the same schedule from morning till evening is so monotonous. Especially when you are living in millennium cities like Gurgaon. A person residing in Gurgaon (now also known as Gurugram) can easily relate to this problem in a much better way. People are so much busy in their mundane lifestyle that sometimes it becomes really important to travel and just relax. Living in and around Gurgaon is a great thing especially for those who want to escape the madness of city life. There are so many awesome places around Gurgaon that can be visited under a shoestring amount of Rs. 4000 only.
So here are 10 road trips from Gurgaon under budget which you can plan with your friends, family or someone special.
- Bundi – Nestled in beautiful Aravali hills valley, Bundi in Rajasthan is just perfect for both family and backpackers. Situated at 446 kms from Gurugram, Bundi was earlier the capital of this princely state during Rajput kingdom. And since the area been occupied by Mina and Bhil community, Bundi was named after a popular Mina man called Bunda Meena. Away from the chaos of the urban lifestyle, Bundi is adorned with so many fascinating palaces and forts. So, don’t miss out them.
- Pushkar – Known as ‘the rose garden of Rajasthan’, Pushkar is another perfect place to feel the vibes of hippie and traditional culture both at the same time. This holy place is popular amongst Hindus because of the sacred Pushkar lake and the only Brahma temple situated here. The best time to visit Pushkar is during Pushkar Camel Fair. Come, plan a visit to this religious site in Rajasthan, take a holy dip in the Pushkar lake wash your sins. Situated at 375 kms from Gurgaon, this travel destination can be visited under budget.
- Shogi – Located at a distance of 400 kms from Gurugram, Shoghi is soul-soothing hill retreat in the lap of Himalayas. This small hill town near Shimla is a perfect place for a budgeted road trip from Gurgaon. From temples to adventure activities, there are quite good options to explore in Shoghi – known for its various fruit made products like juices, squashes etc. Choose this nearby destination in Himachal Pradesh for a small roadtrip from Gurgaon.
- Nahan – Just like Shoghi, Nahan is also one such place where you can relax in serene surroundings of nature. Away from the buzzing crowd of the city, this hill station is praised for trekking, fishing, forts, and wildlife. Located at 287 kms from Gurgaon in Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh, a roadtrip to Nahan can be visited easily without creating a hole in your pocket. There are various options for sightseeing such as Renukaji Lake, Paonta Sahib and numerous Hindu temples like Trilokpur Temple and Miyan Temple to name a few. Visit this quaint hill station nestled in Shivalik hills for a peaceful vacation.
- Churdhar Trek – Adorned with virgin natural beauty, Churdhar is the highest peak of Shivalik hills – the outer Himalayan range. This awe-inspiring mountain trek is surrounded with lush green forest area, terraced fields and pasture lands for grazing. The term ‘Churdhar’ means Churi-Chandni Dhar (Bangles of the snow ridge). Also, very few know that it is from here George Everest made his astronomical reading of Himalayan Mountains.
- Bhind – Situated at Bhind is a beautiful and less-explored place in Madhya Pradesh. Blessed with serene mountains, forest areas, valleys and lots more, Bhind is an ideal travel destination for peace seekers, nature lovers and heritage buffs. There are so many historical and magnificent structures to see such as Fort of Ater, Mata Renuka Mandi, Gohad Fort, Jain Temples of Baranso, etc.
- Orchha – Lies on the bank of Betwa River, Orchha is a hidden gem in Madhya Pradesh which is gaining popularity nowadays. Decorated with magnificent palaces and intricately carved shrines, Orchha is a good option for a perfect roadtrip from Gurgaon at 448 kms. History and photography enthusiasts will definitely fall in love with the historic side of this less visited destination.
- Khirsu – Blessed with virgin natural beauty, Khirsu in Uttarakhand is a heaven for peace seekers. Offering stunning views of snow-peaked Himalayas, holidaying in this picturesque hill town will relieve you from all the urban stress. Cool and pollution free environment of Khirsu makes it an ideal destination to choose for a budgeted roadtrip from Gurugram.
- Mukteshwar – Located at 366 kms from Gurgaon, Mukteshwar provides a much-needed break from the hubbub of city life. This charming hill retreat near popular travel destination Nainital offers utmost solitude and breathtaking views of Himalayas. Decorated with fruit orchards, roadtrip to Mukteshwar from Gurgaon will give you a break from mundane lifestyle.
- Chakrata – Looking for a small roadtrip destination near Gurugram that too under budget? Chakrata near Dehradun is one such hill retreat. This little hamlet is known for its lush green forests, scenic views and pleasant weather. Located at 358 kms from Gurgaon, Chakrata is a must visit place for family and best friends. You can also trek to Kharamba peak at 10, 000 ft. while in Chakrata.
Looking for some more destinations near Gurgaon? Checkout the road trips you can plan under Rs.4000.
Contributed By: Sahil Singh