Spiti Valley is a vast cold desert mountain valley located in Himalayas in the north-eastern part of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The word "Spiti" depicts "The Middle Land", which means it is the land between India and Tibet.
Being one of the remotest regions of India which remains blocked for most of the year is ideal for Wravelers looking to explore places. 6 day road trip to Spiti Valley from Manali covers most of the destinations like Kaza, Chandratal,Kibber, Dhankar.
Manali to Rangric /Kaza ( 203 kms, 9 hrs)
Kaza to Dhankar Via Komik & Lanza ( 120 kms, 6-7 hrs of drive)
Dhankar to Kee and Kibber ( 90 kms, 4-5 hrs of drive)
Kaza/Rangric to Chandratal (90 kms, 7 hrs of drive)
Chandratal to Manali. Night Stay at Manali (125 kms, 7 hrs drive)
Arrive in Manali by afternoon or evening as per your convenience and check in the Hotel. Day is at leisure and you are free to roam about in the streets of Manali and maybe even spend some time at various cafes in Manali.
Final check of list of items to be carried for Spiti road trip. If you are missing onto anything now is the time to stock it for the coming days.
Night stay in Manali.
Today we leave early from Manali and start our road trip to Spiti Valley. We will be crossing 2 high passes . Rohtang pass and Kunzum Pass.We will be reaching Rangric which is 4kms before Kaza by evening.
Night Stay at Rangric
Today, you will be moving towards Dhankar village enroute visiting Komik & Lanza
Dhankar, the former capital of the Spiti Valley, offers panoramic views of valley. It stands perched above the confluence of the Spiti and Pin river.
Explore Dhankar lake and dinner and overnight stay at Dhankar village.
This day start your road trip towards Kee and Kibber village. Visit the beautiful Key Monastery. Explore the amazing culture of the people living there.
Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza/ Rangric.
Head towards one of the most scenic lakes in India, i.e., Chandra tal also called as Moon Lake. The lake is beautiful, surrounded by mountains and is situated at an altitude of 4300 meters. Enjoy the views. Get yourself clicked with the lake.
Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Chandra Taal.
Today is the last day of our road trip to Spiti Valley. We leave in the morning after breakfast for Manali. Crossing various streams/nalas towards Rohtang Pass.
Reach Manali by evening. Check in at Hotel.
Overnight at Manali
1)Accommodation on twin sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary.
2) Breakfast and dinner at all hotels, homestays and camps
3) Comfortable non-AC Xylo for all days as per the itinerary
4) Reliable, experienced and adept English-speaking local driver with great knowledge of the area and the terrain.
5) Driver charges, driver accommodation, fuel and inter-state toll.
6) Camping fees, comfortable tents and sleeping bags / blankets at Chandratal Lake if included in the itinerary.
1) Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Beverages / Meals in Shimla and Manali and meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
2) Guide / Porters
3) Sightseeing in Manali / Any permits, activities, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
4) Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God.
5) Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
• Down Jacket /Main Jacket
• Thermals (Upper & Lower)
• Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
• Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
• First Aid Kit
• Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
• Sun Glasses
• Water Bottle
• Power bank
• Mobile Charger / Travel Charger
• Hand Sanitizer
• Cold Cream
• Lip Guard
• Sunscreen Lotion