Rajasthan Backpacking to Udaipur Jodhpur Jaisalmer
Rajasthan backpacking trip will take you through a journey deep into the roots of the land of Rajputs and Rajwadas, while we cover through three major cities Udaipur, Jaisalmer, and Jaipur.
Rajasthan tourism is quite popular for cultural diversity and traditional approach, which we’ll come face to face while on the tour to Rajasthan. The people, places, monuments and the overall experience of traveling Rajasthan are unique in its own sense.
The cities we are covering on this trip, all have their own different significance and adds up to the pride of Rajasthan. Udaipur is famous for its lakes and is known as the ‘City of Lakes’ or ‘Venice of East’ and Jaisalmer is famous for its forts and desert festival. While Jaipur, which is the capital of Rajasthan is also known as ‘The Pink City’, is the main attraction of Rajasthan.
The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the months of November to February when the Weather in Rajasthan is mild, unlike the weather during summer or winter, which is either extremely hot or extremely cold respectively.
There are various places to visit in Rajasthan such as Lake Pichola and City Palace should be on your itinerary for Udaipur. While Jaisalmer fort, Patwon ki haveli, and Hawa Mahal, Amber Palace makes up for famous places to visit in Jaisalmer and Jaipur respectively.
The reasons you need to check out the Rajasthan Backpacking trip in 2020 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Rajasthan with Justwravel.
1st Day: Overnight Travel from Delhi to Udaipur
2nd Day: Udaipur Arrival. Sightseeing in the evening
3rd Day: Udaipur Sightseeing and travel to Jodhpur via Kumbhalgarh fort
4th Day: Jodhpur Sightseeing
5th Day: Jodhpur to Jaisalmer followed by Desert Camping
6th Day: Jaisalmer sightseeing and Overnight departure for Delhi
7th Day: Arrival in Delhi
Delhi to Delhi:
|Triple Occupancy||15000 / Person|
|Double Occupancy||17000 / Person|
Itinerary (Delhi to Delhi)
1st Day : Overnight Travel from Delhi to Udaipur
- We assemble at the meeting point by 8 pm and leave for our Rajasthan Backpacking trip.
- We travel Overnight from Delhi to Udaipur.
2nd Day : Udaipur Arrival. Sightseeing in the evening
- A 12-hour overnight journey from Delhi is going to take us approximately 650 kilometres away to the beautiful City of Lakes, Udaipur.
- Udaipur isn’t just another city of Rajasthan that you drive by through. Unlike many others, Udaipur in itself is a mine of ethnic culture, greatness, and rich history. Start the city tour late morning. We’ll try and cover majority of places today.
- Visit The City Place. Originally built by Maharaja Udai Singh but the final touches were given by the successors.
- We will cover the local market; look for the authentic Rajasthani Thali served everywhere and have our shopaholic self treat ourselves with authentic Rajasthani Handicraft.
- We’ll be doing the sightseeing of the lake Pichola, Fatehsagar Lake and Jaisand. Spend the evening overlooking the beautiful city of Udaipur at Sunset.
3rd Day : Udaipur Sightseeing and travel to Jodhpur via Kumbhalgarh fort
- After breakfast in the hotel, check out and proceed to Jodhpur
- En-route visit to Kumbhalgarh Fort. This fort is famous for its magnificent structure and it is known for having the second-largest wall after The Great Wall Of China.
- We will also visit the museum of Haldighati. Haldighati is famous for the battle that was fought between the Mughals and Maharana Pratap.
- Reach Jodhpur late afternoon/evening
- Hotel check-in followed by dinner.
- Overnight stay at Jodhpur.
4th Day : Jodhpur Sightseeing
- Breakfast in the hotel. Proceed for sightseeing of Jodhpur.
- The first stop will be Umaid Bhawan Palace. The last Royal palace built in India before Independence made headlines in 2018 for the grand wedding of Priyanka Chopra which was held here.
- Then, we will proceed to Mehrangarh Fort. The largest Fort of India, which was built by Rao Jodha in 1460, recently gained recognition, when the Hollywood movie “The Dark Knight Rises” was shot here.
- The last stop on our heritage tour will be Jaswant Thada. Also known as The Taj Mahal of Mewar, the sheets of marble used for building were polished very thinly to create a glowing illumination when sunlight falls on it.
- Dinner in the hotel followed by an overnight stay in Jodhpur.
5th Day : Jodhpur to Jaisalmer followed by Desert Camping
- Breakfast in the hotel followed by check-out.
- Proceed to Jaisalmer.
- After arriving in Jaisalmer, we will check-in at our Swiss camps and later head out for Desert safari at the Sam Sand Dunes. Things you can do at Sam Sand Dunes:
- Desert Camping
- Desert Safari
- Camel Rides
- Cultural show from the Rajasthani Folk groups at the campsite in the evening. We end the day in the desert, under billions of stars.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Camps at Jaisalmer.
6th Day : Jaisalmer sightseeing and Overnight departure for Delhi
- Breakfast at the campsite followed by check-out.
- Proceed to Jaisalmer city. En-route visit to Kuldhara - The Abandoned Village. It is famous for being the cursed haunted village of India.
- Jaisalmer is home to beautiful picturesque lakes and forts.
- Visit The Jaisalmer fort, famously called the Golden Fort of Rajasthan was constructed by Raja Jaisal and is ranked as one of the largest forts in the World. The 99 turrets that this fort has, give this fort an amazing look at night, rising from the desert sand.
- Then proceed to The Gadisar Lake in Jaisalmer which proves to be the most beautiful gem of the Jaisalmer necklace. It’s only a kilometre away from the fort and the people of Jaisalmer once depended on this tank for their water needs. This place also offers Boat Rides
- Late evening departure for Delhi.
7th Day : Arrival in Delhi
- Reach Delhi by morning.
- End of Tour
Transport Delhi to Delhi
Meals as per Plan, 09 Meals ( Day 2- Breakfast + Dinner, Day 3- Breakfast + Dinner, Day 4-Breakfast +Dinner, Day 5- Breakfast + Dinner, Day 6 - Breakfast)
Camel Safari and Jeep Safari at Jaisalmer
Sightseeing as per Itinerary
Stay on Double/Triple Sharing Basis
Toll Tax and other transport taxes are included
Any meals apart from mentioned in Inclusions.
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 60 days before the departure date
59 Days to 45 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost. (Booking amount is non-refundable)
44 Days to 30 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost
29 Days to 15 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost.
15 Days to 8 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost.
7 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket /Main Jacket
Thermals (Upper & Lower)
Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
First Aid Kit
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Mobile Charger / Travel Charger
Rajasthan backpacking trip to Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer
Rajasthan is simply a majestic state that has the ability to boast about its dazzling cities and glorious palaces. You’ll get the chance to cover three major cities on this trip.
Rajasthan tourism has been increasing in popularity due to its traditional approach and cultural diversity. The entire experience of travelling around this beautiful state is unique in its own way.
Some things to do while on the Rajasthan backpacking trip is to check out the lakes in Udaipur. You can also visit the desert festivals and forts in Jaisalmer.
An interesting fact about Udaipur is that it’s known as the ‘City of Lakes’. Jaipur, on the other hand, is known as ‘The Pink City’. This is definitely the main driver of Rajasthan tourism as it’s the capital city.
The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the months of October till February. This is when you can truly soak in the beauty of the state and the various cities.
During those months, the weather of Rajasthan is quite mild. If one opts to go during the summer or winter months, the weather will be quite harsh as they are on the extreme ends.
The itinerary for the Rajasthan backpacking trip to Udaipur, Jaisalmer and Jaipur starts off with an overnight trip from Delhi to the city of Udaipur. This city has got a rich history and unique ethnic culture.
As it’s surrounded by seven lakes, some call it the most romantic spot in India. It’s not just known for its lakes, however. It’s also known for its museums, historic forts, gardens, galleries, architectural temples and festivals.
After Udaipur, the next stop is Jaisalmer. Deemed as ‘The Golden City’, this place lies right in the heart of the Great Indian Desert. It attained its nickname due to the yellow sandstone that’s been used throughout the architecture.
A famous place you could visit in Jaisalmer is the Jaisalmer Fort. It’s got an 800-year-old history and is considered to be one of the few ‘living forts’ left in the world. It’s called that because a huge population still resides there.
Once the trip covers this city, Jaipur, the country’s tenth most populated city is next on our itinerary for the Rajasthan backpacking trip. Along with Delhi and Agra, it forms a part of the ‘Golden Triangle’ circuit that’s meant for tourism.
The cuisine of Rajasthan is quite extensive and contains a lot of tasty dishes. Some include Missi Roti, Makke ki Ghat, Dal Baati Churma, and Laal Maans. Don’t miss out on these!
If you’ve got more of a sweet tooth, then don’t worry. Jaipur’s got you covered with sweets like Gajak, Mawa Kachori, Moong Thal Ghevar, and Feeni.
This trip is an absolute treat for those who want to experience the beautiful culture of Rajasthan.
The reasons you need to check the Rajasthan backpacking trip in 2020 are far more than many. But, if you still have doubts then let us clear them up while you are on the Rajasthan backpacking trip with JustWravel.
10 Top Tourist Places in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is the largest state in India which has an incredible magical feel and romantic touch on account of its magnificent forts and golden desert. Rajasthan is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India which attracts a signi ...
Discovering The Vibrant Festivals In Rajasthan
When it comes to history and heritage, only a few states come close enough to Rajasthan. The seat of the Rajput culture, the area that we now know as Rajasthan has had a rich past. Many traditional festivals- both religious and otherwise- o ...
5 Most Haunted Places in Rajasthan
Most Haunted Places in Rajasthan. India is a vast country that has an incredible medley of culture, religion, heritage, languages, and beliefs. In the previous millennium, the country has seen the uprising and collapse of several dynasties, ...