Christmas and New Year Himachal Tour
If this new year, you are looking for rather a scenic celebration in the hills, than on the wooden floors of a pub or a bar, then perhaps this New Year Backpacking trip is the one you exactly need!
Imagine, getting to travel alongside celebrating Christmas, only to finally arrive at a
Valley to revel in one of the best New Year parties you will ever have. Wouldn’t that be some celebration?
Himachal Pradesh is located in the Kangra and McLeodGanj district on the outskirts of Dharamsala city and has been one of the most popular tourist destinations in recent years. Occupied by many Tibetans, who moved here after China invaded their homeland, McLeod Ganj is sometimes called Little Lhasa. It is also worth noting that the Tibetan government in exile is only based in McLeodGanj.
Beginning from the famous Majnu ka Tila Bus stand, the journey takes you overnight to Mcleodganj. The Bhagsunnag waterfall of McLeodganj is one place to check out from the bucket list. From the shopping districts, Tibetan market, to cafe hopping and trying finger licking momos, you’re sure to have the full fun and frolic of this place.
Moving on to Triund, the trek to the top is promising for the fascinating view it provides. Known for its excellent panoramic views of the Dhauladhars, Triund offers more than just a beautiful sightseeing trek. It leads further to Kareri Lake, where you'll come across rock-cut caves to explore.
Around 80kms from McLeodganj is Bir, our next stop. The famous village of Himachal Pradesh, located in the west of Joginder Nagar Valley, is known for its paragliding activities. Other than that, tourists also go for hang gliding and parasailing at Bir Billing. You will definitely quench your thirst for high adrenaline activities here.
From Bir to Jibhi to Jalori Pass, you will get to see wooden houses on elevated slopes with their intricate carvings and cantilevered balconies. The Banjar Valley of Himachal will be quite an appealing view. Jibhi is a secluded and unspoilt valley. Surrounded by pine and cedar forests, the place is in close proximity to the Great Himalayan National Park.
After trekking to Jalori Pass, the isolated road of fun and adventure, you will get to the mesmerising Serolsar Lake with the religious visit to the Shringa Rishi Temple.
Kasol, our next point of enjoyment and travel, is also the most awaited by many travel enthusiasts. Be it Chalal Lake, the riverside escape, Israeli cuisine or the Hippie paradise, Kasol is a rewarding destination for one and all. Surprisingly, there is only one ATM here, so make sure you have the cash in hand for trips ahead.
1st Day: Delhi To Mcleodganj Overnight Journey
2nd Day: Leisure Day In Mcleodganj
3rd Day: Drive McLeod Ganj to Bir via Dharamshala
4th Day: Paragliding In Billing and Drive From Bir to Jibhi
5th Day: Trek To Jalori Pass
6th Day: Drive From Jibhi To Kasol and Leisure Day In Kasol
7th Day: Drive Tosh via Manikaran. Overnight stay at Tosh
8th Day: Drive From Tosh To Manali, Local Sightseeing at Manali
9th Day: Solang Valley Day Tour
10th Day: Manali Leisure Day, Drive Back From Manali To Delhi
11th Day: Reach Delhi, Tour Ends
Delhi to Delhi:
|Double Occupancy||37500 / Person|
|Triple Occupancy||35000 / Person|
Itinerary (Delhi to Delhi)
1st Day : Delhi To Mcleodganj Overnight Journey
- The group assembles at the pickup point at 06:00 PM.
- Afterwards, we’ll introduce the team captains and get to know the group a little bit.
- Moving forward, we’ll start an overnight journey towards Mcleodganj.
- We’ll make a stoppage at Murthal for dinner (not included) around midnight.
Note: The pickup point for the journey would be Majnu Ka Tila Bus Stand.
2nd Day : Leisure Day In Mcleodganj
- The overnight bus will reach its destination around 10 AM.
- Afterwards, we’ll check into our hotel rooms and freshen up.
- The rest of the day is at leisure where you are free to go and explore the surroundings.
- Some of the recommendations would be to visit Bhagsunnag waterfall, the shopping districts, Tibetian market, do cafe hopping and definitely try momos.
- Dinner will be provided in the evening followed by an overnight stay at Mcleodganj.
3rd Day : Drive McLeod Ganj to Bir via Dharamshala
- Breakfast in the hotel followed by check-out.
- After that, we will proceed to Dharamshala and visit Dharmshala Stadium.
- Around 02 PM, we’ll board again for Bir, which is a two-hour journey.
- We’ll check into our campsite at Bir soon after we reach.
- Evening at leisure for sightseeing and cafe hopping.
- Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Bir.
4th Day : Paragliding In Billing and Drive From Bir to Jibhi
- We have to have breakfast early on this day as well.
- Afterwards, we’ll check out from our current hotel/Camps in Bir.
- With the new enthusiasm, we’ll start the paragliding sessing at Billing.
- In the afternoon, we’ll move out for Jibhi.
- Upon reaching Jibhi in the evening, we’ll check into our hotels and freshen up.
- Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Jibhi.
5th Day : Trek To Jalori Pass
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- Afterwards, the group will head out for the Jalori Pass Trek.
- The next stop in the journey for today would be Sirolsar Lake followed by Sringa Rishi Temple, which all falls down in the pathway of the trek.
- Soon afterwards, we’ve reached the Pass, we’ll start to trek down.
- Upon reaching the hotel, we’ll freshen up.
- Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay at Jibhi.
6th Day : Drive From Jibhi To Kasol and Leisure Day In Kasol
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- Afterwards, we’ll head to Kasol.
- Post-check-in to our hotel, we’ll freshen up here.
- The rest of the day is at leisure. But you can go for Chalal trek, cafe hopping, and more.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay at Kasol.
7th Day : Drive Tosh via Manikaran. Overnight stay at Tosh
- We’ll have breakfast in the morning.
- Afterwards, we’ll head towards Tosh via Manikaran.
- Upon reaching, we’ll check into our homestay.
- Post that, we’ll head out for a Trek to Tosh Waterfall.
- Later on, we’ll trek down to our homestay/Guest House.
- Lastly, we’ll end the day with dinner and overnight stay at Tosh.
8th Day : Drive From Tosh To Manali, Local Sightseeing at Manali
- The day will start with a hearty breakfast.
- Afterwards, we’ll head to Manali.
- Post-check-in to the hotel, we’ll freshen up. The rest of the day is at leisure and you’re free to explore.
- Some of the places that you should visit, old Manali Cafe, Mall Road, Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple along many other famous places here.
- Freshen up when you’re back and something special will be waiting for us. Yes! It’s the 31st and we’re going to party like we did never before.
9th Day : Solang Valley Day Tour
- Breakfast would be served in the morning.
- Post-breakfast, the group will head towards Solang Valley.
- After a thorough session of enjoyment at Solang Valley, we’ll head back to our hotel.
- Back to the hotel and Dinner will be served at Hotel.
10th Day : Manali Leisure Day, Drive Back From Manali To Delhi
- Breakfast will be served in the morning.
- Around 11 AM, we’ll check out from our hotel.
- The rest of the day is leisure day but we have to be ready to board back to Delhi.
- Around 06 PM, we’ll board the bus for Delhi and head out for an overnight journey.
11th Day : Reach Delhi, Tour Ends
- We’ll reach Delhi in the morning around 11 AM.
- The group will disperse.
- Tour ends here.
Volvo tickets from Delhi to Mcleodganj and Manali to Delhi.
Transporation in Tempo Traveller during the journey.
Accommodation for 8 nights - 1 Night in Hotel at Mcleodganj, 1 Night in Swiss Camps/Hotel at Bir, 2 Nights in Hotel at Jibhi, 1 Night in Hotel at Kasol, 1 Night in Guest House/Homestay at Tosh, 2 Night in Hotel at Manali.
Meal Plan: MAPI Plan (Total 16 Meals - 1 Meal on Day 2 (D) + 2 Meals on Day 3 (B+D) + 2 Meals on Day 4 (B+D) + 2 Meals on Day 5 (B+D) + 2 Meals on Day 6 (B+D) + 2 Meals on Day 7 (B+D) + 2 Meals on Day 8 (B+D) + 2 Meal on Day 9 (B+D) + 1 Meal on (B).
Complimentary (2 + 2)Snacks for New Year Celebration
Complimentary Cake for New Year Celebration
Complimentary Cake for Christmas Celebration
Music and Bonfire on New Year Night
Trip Lead will be present at all times during the tour.
Trek Guide for Jalori Pass
All kinds of Permits
First Aid Kits
Toll Taxes and Parking Charges
State and other Taxes
Early check-in at the hotel.
Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delay travel.
Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation.
Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
Visit Rohtang Pass is not covered in the package price.
Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the tour itinerary.
Any entry fees for the museum, park, Jeep safari or anything else adventure activities.
Room Heater Charges.
Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
Expenses are caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures (Strike, Hartal, Bandh) or any untoward incidents.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 45 days before the departure date
44 Days to 30 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
29 Days to 20 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
19 Days to 10 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
10 Days to 6 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost will be charged as cancellation fee.
6 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket /Main Jacket
Thermals (Upper & Lower)
Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
First Aid Kit
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID:: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Mobile Charger / Travel Charger