“Take every chance you get in life, because somethings only happen one. So, let’s wander where the wifi is weak”
Himalayas are the best place to escape the unbearable summer heat of plain areas like Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Blessed with nature’s bounty, the Himalayan states like Uttarakhand, Himachal and Jammu & Kashmir are the paradise for every type of traveller. Are you an adventure enthusiast? Want some relief from summer heat? There are innumerable trekking routes in Himalayas that are just perfect for Summer season. These adventurous treks will give you an extraordinary experience and much-awaited adrenaline rush too.
So, if you are amongst those travel enthusiasts who want to escape the mundane lifestyle of the city then head on to these Summer treks in Himalayas listed below.
- Valley Of Flowers (3250 to 6750 meters) – Surrounded with soaring high mountains, lies a heavenly abode of nature known as ‘Valley of Flowers’ in Uttarakhand. This fabulous travel and trekking destination was discovered by Mountaineer Frank S Smith in 1931. Valley of Flowers is decorated with exotic varieties of medicinal herbs and wild untamed flowers. The pristine streams flowing down the valley is truly beautiful. Declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site, Valley of Flowers is a perfect option for summer trekking for backpackers, photography and adventure lovers.
- Kareri Lake (2934 m) – Located in Dharamsala, Kareri Lake is a high altitude freshwater lake in Himalayas. Nestled in the foothills of majestic Dhauladhar range, this lake is also known as Kumarwah Lake. The lush pasturelands and meadows facilitates Gaddis and Gujjars to graze their goats and cattles. Kareri Lake is a good place to camp at night away from the hubbub of urban madness under the blanket of zillion stars. This is one of the most beautiful treks in Dhauladhar Himalayas. Plan your weekend trek to Kareri Lake this summer season.
- Dayara Bugyal (3048 m) – What about basking on lush green meadows, isn’t it sounds good? Well, this is possible at Dayara Bugyal. Starting from the pious town of Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand, trek to Dayara Bugyal is best suited during summers. The word ‘bugyal’ means meadow. Dayara Bugyal is considered as one of the highest meadow in this world. The thrilling trekking route passes through dense forest offering stunning sights of Himalayan peaks. Enjoy the extraordinary beauty of almighty’s greatest gift called nature at Dayara Bugyal in Uttarakhand.
- Bhrigu Lake (4300 m) – Listed amongst high altitude lakes in Himalayas, Bhrigu Lake is considered very scared by the locals of Kullu Valley. It is believed that Sage Bhrigu did meditation here and many Gods of Kullu Valley have dipped here. Thus, making the lake a holy site for devotees. Trek to Bhrigu Lake begins from Gulaba and offers some stunning vistas. The changing landscape beauty of the trek cannot be described in words. Lush meadows, breathtaking views of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges, and complete tranquility. Since, during winters this region gets covered with a thick blanket of snow, therefore summer is the best time to visit Bhrigu Lake near Manali.
- Kuari Pass (3757 m) – Kuari Pass trek is another beautiful Himalayan trek situated in Uttarakhand and just perfect for beginners. The trekking route passes thick forest cover and provides panoramic views of snow-peaked mountains such as Neelkanth and Nanda Devi to name a few. The term ‘Kuari Pass’ mean doorway. Lies in Nanda Devi Biosphere, this scenic trek in Himalayas can be done easily during summer season to beat the heat. Trek to Kuari Pass was discovered by Lord Curzon in 1905 thus the trekking route is also known as Curzon Trail.
- Chandrakhani Pass (3660 m) – Located in Kullu, trek to Chandrakhani Pass is one of the most beautiful pass giving splendid views of snow-clad Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parvati range. While trekking you will across village areas of Himachal Pradesh. This will give you an amazing learning experience about the local Himachali culture. Sit with the locals, interact with them, they have so many stories to tell. Chandrakhani Pass is truly a visual treat and a nice option for summer escapade.
- Hampta Pass (4298 m) – Considered as one of the easiest Himalayan treks in Himachal Pradesh, Hampta Pass is an unforgettable journey amidst the lap of nature. Summer season is the best time to visit this thrilling trek decorated with scenic landscape views, lush meadows and pristine streams. It is a 4 day trek but the experience you will get cannot be described. From here you can also enter into Spiti Valley (Chandratal Lake) and Lahaul Valley.
Trek with joy, feel the charisma of nature’s astounding beauty and relax amidst the soul-soothing environment. This summers, head out on your exploration of the mighty Himalayas in a new way!
Checkout our upcoming trips crafted with love and experience.
Contributed By: Sahil Singh