Often the monotonous routine gets to us! Daily following the same schedule becomes boring. A person living in the corporate hub called Gurgaon (Gurugram) can easily relate to this situation. So don’t wait for a long holiday when you can easily plan a small road trip on weekend. There are so many amazing destinations near Gurgram that offers an unforgettable travel experience.
Here is a list of the 12 road trips from Gurugram under 5000 rupees that you just can’t miss.
- Morni – Located in the Panchkula district of Haryana, Morni is a small village amidst serene hills at the height of 1267 meters. This picturesque hill retreat is an ideal place for all the bird lovers. The name of ‘Morni’ is believed to derive from a queen who once ruled the region. There are two lakes in Morni Hills which are considered auspicious by the locals. Situated at a distance of 296 km from Gurgaon, this small village can be visited under reasonable amount.
- Agroha – Agroha is all about the magnificent ancient structures. This small town situated in the Hisar district, is believed to be the capital of king Maharaja Agrasen. There are many temples, beautifully carved sculptures and an amusement park for kids. Agroha is a perfect drive by for all and can be visited under minimal budget.
- Kalka – Nestled in the foothills of Shivalik Himalayas, Kalka is at a distance of 294 kms from Gurgaon. The name of the hill town is derived from the Hindu Goddess Kali. Kalka still remains untouched by the urban developments and has retained its charm. It is an ideal place to spend some leisure time amidst serenity and hills. So if your are planning to go Shimla then do give a visit to this small hill retreat.
- Binsar – Binsar is a small hill town cradled amidst lush green pine, deodar and oak trees. Situated at a distance of 407 kms from Gurgaon, this quaint hill retreat in Uttarakhand is popular for green meadows, temples and wildlife sanctuary. If you’re lucky enough, you can also spot a Himalayan leopard or a barking deer. Plan a road trip to Binsar and the view will be all yours.
- Mukteshwar – Located at 368 kms from Gurgaon, Mukteshwar derive its name from Lord Shiva. This charming hill retreat of Garhwal region is known for adventure sports and breathtaking vistas of Himalayas. The snow-capped peak of Nanda Devi can be easily seen from Mukteshwar. Take a break from the madness of city life and take a pocket-friendly road trip to Mukteshwar with your closed ones.
- Kausani – Kausani is a charming hill station lies at an elevation of 1890 meters above sea level. This place is popular amongst mountain lovers as it offers a panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks like Trishul, Nanda Devi and Panchchuli. A perfect getaway for honeymooners and nature lovers, Kausani is also famous for its tea plantations. Planning a road trip to Kausani from Gurgaon will be easy on your pocket.
- Bageshwar – Set amidst the mighty Himalayas, Bageshwar is one of the most untouched destination, located 468 kms from Gurgaon. If you are looking for an adventure escapade, then this picturesque hill station will never disappoint you. One can do hiking, camping and sightseeing in Bageshwar. The locals here are very friendly and greets you with warmth. Also known for its popular Baijnath Temple and colorful fairs & festivals, choose this offbeat destination for a budgeted trip around Gurgaon.
- Bharatpur – Located at a distance of 191 kms from Gurgaon, Bharatpur is a mere 3-4 hour drive away. This destination mainly attracts birdwatchers from different parts of India. Bharatpur acts as a home to a lot of migrating birds during winters. You can also visit Lohagarh Fort, Gol bagh Palace, and Banke Bihari Temple. For an extraordinary experience, plan your trip just before Holi to celebrate the colourful Brij Festival organized in Bharatpur.
- Alwar – Alwar is a great place to enjoy rich cultural heritage and popular for its olive plantation. This Rajasthani city lies at 128 kms from Gurgaon. The serenity of Jaisamand Lake, Siliserh Lake, and Sagar Lake is really captivating. Heritage sites such as Alwar Fort and Vijay Mandir reflect the highest quality architecture of Rajput Kingdom. This popular city of Rajasthan can be visited under minimal budget.
- Dharamshala – Popular as the residence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Dharamshala (also spelled Dharamsala) is a picturesque hill retreat in the foothills of Dhauladhar mountains. This beautiful hill station is the best place to learn and explore Buddhism and Tibetan Culture. Dharamshala also acts as a starting point for some famous Himalayan treks such as Triund, Kareri to name a few. This splendid hill retreat is situated at a distance of 511 kms from Gurgaon.
- Chail – Chail is a popular destination nestled on the Sadh Tiba Hill away from the bustling city of Shimla. This small hill station is a haven for those who want to seek peace and relax amidst Himalayan beauty. Chail lies at a distance of 373 kms from Gurgaon, is a perfect getaway and easy on your pocket as well.
- Jibhi – Secluded away from the hullabaloos of urban lifestyle, Jibhi is an offbeat hill retreat located in the Tirthan Valley of Himachal Pradesh. This Himalayan place is still less known to people. Surrounded with pine and cedar trees, Jibhi is a good place for trekking and camping amidst the lap of nature. Choose this offbeat hill retreat for a budgeted trip around Gurugram.
Looking for some more destinations near Gurgaon? Checkout the road trips you can plan under Rs.5000.
Contributed By : Sahil Singh